DJI Mavic Pro

On what exactly?

yea camera is good, but terrible when compared to the P3/P4

The camera can be focused, if you watch Casey's video comparison you can see it is out of focus. He said something on twitter about it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the informative and some smart *** replies, but that's cool. I had heard the camera wasn't up to the task. I see that echoed here too.

DeputyDrone, the camera is very close to the Phantom 4's camera. It's a manual focus camera though, so the focus must be manually set after taking off each time. Many reviewers are not setting the focus properly, so the photos/video they are posting don't look great.

It is up to the task, my response was smart assed. The camera is the same as the P4. This has been proven.

Yes -- you tap the screen to set the focus.

It's too early for a rational opinion on most things about Mavic. We need to fly it first. If it doesn't behave in flight and video performance as we expect it to, opinions are worthless. Show me the beef! Then we can have a rational conversation here :p . That's my opinion.

Not sure. blade strike thinks it focuses on something close on startup.

Show me the beef!

Wheres-the-Beef.jpg

The camera can be focused, if you watch Casey's video comparison you can see it is out of focus. He said something on twitter about it.

Yes -- you tap the screen to set the focus.

I'd never believe anything Casey says......such as "this flight has 21 minutes left". Do you really believe that? He's a flake IMHO, since opinions are being requested here. I can't believe there's a focus function on this. Why would that be necessary with a camera of this class. We're not going to be up close enough to need to focus on something, right?

Msinger, did you see something about focus documented somewhere? I've been looking but find nothing on manual focus. Link?

If it doesn't support auto focus, it should be fixed focus IMO. This is something that will mess people up. I can hear the complaints now..... people flying a video mission for 2 miles and not realizing they are not in focus, because they have such a small display to see things with. I also expect pilot to accidentally touch the screen and defocus it at launch, unknowningly. Sounds like a design flaw to me (my cynical side coming out here). If it does in fact have manual focus, why is that necessary when the Phantom doesn't need it? This doesn't make much sense. Manual focus will also be something else to fail or go wrong.

I'm in love with the idea of OcuSync. That's what I'd like to see work. Hopefully P5 will include it.

I'd never believe anything Casey says......such as "this flight has 21 minutes left". Do you really believe that? He's a flake IMHO, since opinions are being requested here. I can't believe there's a focus function on this. Why would that be necessary with a camera of this class. We're not going to be up close enough to need to focus on something, right?

Msinger, did you see something about focus documented somewhere? I've been looking but find nothing on manual focus. Link?

If it doesn't support auto focus, it should be fixed focus IMO. This is something that will mess people up. I can hear the complaints now..... people flying a video mission for 2 miles and not realizing they are not in focus, because they have such a small display to see things with. I also expect pilot to accidentally touch the screen and defocus it at launch, unknowningly. Sounds like a design flaw to me (my cynical side coming out here). If it does in fact have manual focus, why is that necessary when the Phantom doesn't need it? This doesn't make much sense. Manual focus will also be something else to fail or go wrong.

I'm sure there will be a setting to lock infinity focus. The Mavic will at least have the option for closeup focusing. This will be extremely useful in tripod mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl