DJI Mavic Pro

I'm sure there will be a setting to lock infinity focus. The Mavic will at least have the option for closeup focusing. This will be extremely useful in tripod mode.
Close up focusing? Is DJI promoting close up selfies now? Seems a bit risky to me. I think my phantoms are in focus at 3' to infinity. Are we talking closer than 3'? I hope the OA has the option to adjust the safe distance number, letting you get closer than 10'.

Last edited:
The narrower 79 degree FOV may be the reason to manually focus the camera. I still can't find documentation on the manual focus requirement. Maybe this FOV won't allow a fixed clear focus of 5' to infinity. Here's a camera comparison to P4.
upload_2016-9-29_14-28-42.png

Close up focusing? Is DJI promoting close up selfies now?
As a matter of fact, yes. A good bit of their marketing is catering to the idea of 'dronies' ("selfies" using drones), including in the reveal presentation.

Notice in the specs that it can focus down to 0.5m, which is a foot and a half (I don't think they're going to recommend quite that tight of a shot, but you get the idea). This is just as much a selfie drone as it is a racer and a traditional duty media-log device.

Tell you guys what wait about a month or so and I'll let you know. Lol.. This thing has a ton of advantages that I'm going to test out. Can always fall back on the P3p...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yep I have one. I will wait until the bugs are worked out, and keep flying my P4's. Then, maybe the p5 will be out and I will have to have one of them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic