DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

I experienced the same exact issue. But it went away after one flight with the battery taken down to 30%. Next charge and next flight no more messages. Actually the only problem that I have which is still persisting is when I have GPS enabled on my android phone along with dynamic home point on and operating. While it all works, my camera view keeps switching to the dji vision home screen. The moment dynamic home point is off, no more problem as the camera view stays on. Can't seem to sort this one even after a dji vision reinstall.

...and again....

Hooked up, started to raise the camera and connection dropped. Shut down app, reloaded - same problem - can't connect.
Tried Solomon booster app - couldn't connect to bird.
Power cycled bird - ok.
ONLY been happening since latest round of updates.

Now...how does one install older version bird firmware ?
One doesn't !!! Theoretically :mrgreen:
Update 5/11/2014 - problem did not occur today but I deliberately changed power-up cycle. Will repeat to determine if this does in fact influence it.

I just got the 'not enough power to return to home point' message. The battery was about 21/22% and only about 50 feet away. I clicked ok and the message went, then a few seconds later the alarms started going. I landed it with no problems. Like others Ive only had this with the latest update and the battery has the latest firmware update.

On a plus note, I did a full imu calibration and calibrated just before flying and the Vision flew very nice. Stayed in one place when the sticks were released. If DJI can sort out the error message then this seems a very nice firmware update.

New SW sucks :twisted:

Cyclone said:
Like others Ive only had this with the latest update and the battery has the latest firmware update.

Do you remember which battery firmware you had before the upgrade?

AnselA said:
Do you remember which battery firmware you had before the upgrade?

Fairly certain it was 2.0

IIRC it went from 2.0 - 2.6

yes, same on mine.

There's a new firmware release for the *NEW* 5.8 GHz remote controller.. may fix the gimbal issues. It fixed my LEDs not lighting up! whooooo!

jaywoodz said:
There's a new firmware release for the *NEW* 5.8 controller.. may fix the gimbal issues. It fixed my LEDs not lighting up! whooooo!

Has DJI released a "new" firmware for a product, which has barely arrived on the market? Which LEDs do you mean?

AnselA said:
jaywoodz said:
There's a new firmware release for the *NEW* 5.8 controller.. may fix the gimbal issues. It fixed my LEDs not lighting up! whooooo!

Has DJI released a "new" firmware for a product, which has barely arrived on the market? Which LEDs do you mean?

The LEDs on the new 5.8 GHz remote..

jaywoodz said:
There's a new firmware release for the *NEW* 5.8 GHz remote controller.. may fix the gimbal issues. It fixed my LEDs not lighting up! whooooo!

Pray tell, where is it? Do you mean the Rc assistant software? I still show 1.1 on the dji site

jetlag said:
jaywoodz said:

Pray tell, where is it? Do you mean the Rc assistant software? I still show 1.1 on the dji site

It's not the new software, it's new firmware. If you have the new remote, hook it up to your computer, and check the updates tab in the RC assistant software. You will see an update, this will fix any issues with the gimbal not rotating with the new camera scroll button, and with the LEDs not showing on the front of the remote. Go to the DJI site and look under products.

jaywoodz said:
jetlag said:
jaywoodz said:

It's not the new software, it's new firmware. If you have the new remote, hook it up to your computer, and check the updates tab in the RC assistant software. You will see an update, this will fix any issues with the gimbal not rotating with the new camera scroll button, and with the LEDs not showing on the front of the remote. Go to the DJI site and look under products.

So, it's not related to the topic of this thread?

jaywoodz said:
jetlag said:
jaywoodz said:

Thank You

morph000 said:
...and again....

Hooked up, started to raise the camera and connection dropped. Shut down app, reloaded - same problem - can't connect.
Tried Solomon booster app - couldn't connect to bird.
Power cycled bird - ok.
ONLY been happening since latest round of updates.

Now...how does one install older version bird firmware ?

Mine is doing same thing. I keep loosing signal at like 20 feet away. Not sure why

It's not the new software, it's new firmware. If you have the new remote, hook it up to your computer, and check the updates tab in the RC assistant software. You will see an update, this will fix any issues with the gimbal not rotating with the new camera scroll button, and with the LEDs not showing on the front of the remote. Go to the DJI site and look under products.[/quote]

So, it's not related to the topic of this thread?[/quote]

It is related. If you go back through the many pages from when it was first purchased, people were posting issues with the firmware. I then, posted my issue of the new firmware messing up the new RC remote controller that was just released. There are people having issues with it, so since it's a new firmware release, I posted here for those were following this topic with issues with their controller. I've already reached out to one member directly who was having this issue.

agree with Anselma
it is not related to firmware 3.08
It is related to problems with the rc version 1.1

Miguel said:
agree with Anselma
it is not related to firmware 3.08
It is related to problems with the rc version 1.1

Okay, I'll go back and delete all of my helpful posts. Sorry to ruin everyone's day. If you need help with the RC Assistant, refer to another post that has nothing to do with the new updates being pushed by DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart