DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

I'm on the verge of upgrading my bird's firmware to the latest version. I'm currently running 3.04 (just updated today) but haven't flown that version yet. Previously, I had been running 3.0 with mostly no problems until I switched over to NAZA mode. Had compass calibrations problems that are still not fully resolved but then again, I'm only able to fly on weekends mostly and haven't had many opportunities to do more testing.

ANYWAY, after a lot of reading about the new version and the new alarms, I NEED confirmation that there is a way to disable the bird from going into RTH mode spontaneously when the battery gets low? Is there a way to disable that feature in the app?

Thanks.

Sasquatch said:
ANYWAY, after a lot of reading about the new version and the new alarms, I NEED confirmation that there is a way to disable the bird from going into RTH mode spontaneously when the battery gets low? Is there a way to disable that feature in the app?

Thanks.

j7ypnr.png

It can be unchecked via v3.02 assistant. :lol:

IrishSights said:
helishmeli said:
Why did you lock the original thread and move it here?
Im no mod but I think this is the original thread as I think it was posted by a DJI rep...could be wrong. All P2's are affected so I see the point of there being one thread and it being here.

I just don't see why it had to be posted by a dji rep.

helishmeli said:
IrishSights said:
helishmeli said:
Why did you lock the original thread and move it here?
Im no mod but I think this is the original thread as I think it was posted by a DJI rep...could be wrong. All P2's are affected so I see the point of there being one thread and it being here.

I just don't see why it had to be posted by a dji rep.

I'm guessing...they new about it first, they wanted this large community to be well informed as representives of the firmware authors. What does it really matter who posted it? This is really off topic and clutter for the real technical discussion on the firmware.

AnselA said:
Rok said:
I got another problem with phantom compass - azimuth. If i read azimuth from IOSD i get about 10 degrees difference compare to suunto compass. Does anyone know how to calibrate phantom compass to get accurate degrees. Thanks.

How do you read phantom compass from IOSD with FW version 3.06?

I upgraded my phantom to 3.06 and when i read bearings from IOSD is not the same as suunto compass. In case, that
bird go down, i can't find it whit IOSD azimuth, because it is not correct, but the distance is correct. I calibrated phantom compass. The same problem was with previous FW versions too.

EricT said:
ddublu said:
Thanks, folks. My X1 switch isnt moving the gimbal at all. Very strange. Anyone else experiencing that? I saw a post on page 10 but haven't heard anything else about it and don't think I saw resolution.

Have you used the Phantom2-Tool.Exe program to trick the Phantom 2 into using the X1 slider? I know I had to or else the Android app was the only way to tilt the gimbal, rather than the 7th channel slider I installed on the back of my transmitter.
This is the first I've heard of Phantom2-Tool.exe -- where can I get a copy? My X1 is also not responding properly after update and many re-cals.

New firmware and updated Android app are sweet. The option to initiate a compass calibrate is great. I wish they would give us a similar button on the Android app to set new home location too. I really hate doing the switch flapping on the transmitter.

Andy T said:
Mori55 said:
Why don't you lock the case threads and tablet threads and prop guard threads and etc if your thinking like this. Maybe it's just me but of all the redundant threads why worry about this ?
I have seen strange moderator behavior on this forum too

One of the moderators made the decision to combine these threads and the rest of us agreed with him. I suppose if it's a bad decision, you could dock our pay or ask for a full refund... :D

I can see your point. You feel that you'd rather keep the discussion in your own P2 sub-forum. That way you'll have a discussion that's specific to your own particular P2, whether it's a P2, P2V or P2V+ That makes perfect sense...

Our thinking is that we very often see discussions on the same subject in different sub-forums that miss key points that exist in other sub-forums. There might be some very enlightening information about one aspect of this major upgrade in the P2V forum that was totally missed in the P2V+ forum, for instance... Since this update effects all P2 platforms, the decision was made to keep a single topic in the General sub-forum.

Many people stick to the sub-forum that deals with their specific platform, and the General sub-forum. Those people wouldn't get the benefit of the information available in the other two sub-forums. This also makes sense...

If this is strange moderator behavior, so be it... :D

We're simply trying to do what's best for the community in general. We will very seldom please everyone, but if you've been on this forum for any length of time, I'm sure you'll agree that adding moderators was a good decision on Adam's part.

-slinger

I've fully updated my P2V and have done an advanced IMU calibration for the very first time. I can't wait to get this thing up in the air and test it out. But... It just started frickin' raining... :(

What home point button ? I know you can calibrate your compass from the app , but I don't think you can set home point. Am I missing something with ios app?

gunslinger said:
you could dock our pay or ask for a full refund... :D
I guess I could respond to that by saying: we get what we pay for... haha, but I won't.

Because I saw something I felt was in very poor judgement in another thread, I thought I would reply to this complaint even though I don't completely understand the situation here.

You can do as you please... I agree totally. I found this forum quite helpful in the past. Just thought I would give some feedback because I saw something strange.

Andy T said:
gunslinger said:
you could dock our pay or ask for a full refund... :D
I guess I could respond to that by saying: we get what we pay for... haha, but I won't.

Because I saw something I felt was in very poor judgement in another thread, I thought I would reply to this complaint even though I don't completely understand the situation here.

You can do as you please... I agree totally. I found this forum quite helpful in the past. Just thought I would give some feedback because I saw something strange.

You pay peanuts... you get monkeys... :D

UrAwFuL said:
Sasquatch said:

Thanks.

j7ypnr.png

It can be unchecked via v3.02 assistant. :lol:

This is different from auto-land, right? Wouldnt you want Auto Go Home enabled?

Is there going to be an update for the 1.1.1 that gets rid of tbe and j-hook, or am I just **** out of luck because I don't have a p2?

EdmontonPhotog said:
EricT said:
ddublu said:
Thanks, folks. My X1 switch isnt moving the gimbal at all. Very strange. Anyone else experiencing that? I saw a post on page 10 but haven't heard anything else about it and don't think I saw resolution.

Have you used the Phantom2-Tool.Exe program to trick the Phantom 2 into using the X1 slider? I know I had to or else the Android app was the only way to tilt the gimbal, rather than the 7th channel slider I installed on the back of my transmitter.
This is the first I've heard of Phantom2-Tool.exe -- where can I get a copy? My X1 is also not responding properly after update and many re-cals.

Try this.....I lifted it from another forum:

Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar

Unzip, run application, select H2-3D.

Will also need to install the control lever (you can test with the small screw driver shipped with the vision.)

This allows camera tilt control without having to release flight controls.

Rok said:
AnselA said:
Rok said:
I got another problem with phantom compass - azimuth. If i read azimuth from IOSD i get about 10 degrees difference compare to suunto compass. Does anyone know how to calibrate phantom compass to get accurate degrees. Thanks.

How do you read phantom compass from IOSD with FW version 3.06?

I upgraded my phantom to 3.06 and when i read bearings from IOSD is not the same as suunto compass. In case, that
bird go down, i can't find it whit IOSD azimuth, because it is not correct, but the distance is correct. I calibrated phantom compass. The same problem was with previous FW versions too.

The compass at Phantom is not showing 0 as North like Your Suunto Compass, 0 at your Phantom is straight forward (the heading you had during power on is recorded after 30 sec.) In NAZA mode you can reset Compass to 0 during fligth also, that come in handy when using the course lock mode. If you want Phantom to show the same as your Suunto Compass, let the Phantom face 0 degrees (North) during power up.

Really? The azimuth is based on power up heading rather than compass direction? Where did u get this information?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor