DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

srandall25 said:
Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?

I really don't want to update if I have to worry about the Phantom auto landing when I'm at 25% battery life.

I did not see anywhere to change the limits. However there is an option to disable the RTH when it hits low battery.

srandall25 said:
Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?

I really don't want to update if I have to worry about the Phantom auto landing when I'm at 25% battery life.

The phantom will auto land when the battery reaches 15%, not 30% or 25%. The guy that was saying 30 and 25 did not have the same telemetry as the vision or vision +. He has a P2 with iOSD. His iOSD was lying about the battery percentage is my guess.

I can verify because I did it last night, that the phantom auto lands at 15%. No sooner.

The problem I have with this whole automated "Go Home And Land" is you are putting all the trust into the phantom to estimate this out correctly. It does it by figuring out distance from home. When I tested it, it was about 100' away and 30' up. It popped the return question at 23% battery. It made it home, but I only had about 18% left when it got there. Too close for me. I don't want this to control me when I am much further out. Don't trust it. Imagine it autolanding in trees or worse because it knew nothing of the 20 mph headwind it was facing.

Hi,

Tested 3.06 here in Cape Town, South Africa and all perfect. No TBE and Jhook. Super happy!! Thanks to all that help getting this resolved.

Cheers
Gerrit

BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:
Two questions:

The phantom will auto land when the battery reaches 15%, not 30% or 25%. The guy that was saying 30 and 25 did not have the same telemetry as the vision or vision +. He has a P2 with iOSD. His iOSD was lying about the battery percentage is my guess.

I can verify because I did it last night, that the phantom auto lands at 15%. No sooner.

The problem I have with this whole automated "Go Home And Land" is you are putting all the trust into the phantom to estimate this out correctly. It does it by figuring out distance from home. When I tested it, it was about 100' away and 30' up. It popped the return question at 23% battery. It made it home, but I only had about 18% left when it got there. Too close for me. I don't want this to control me when I am much further out. Don't trust it. Imagine it autolanding in trees or worse because it knew nothing of the 20 mph headwind it was facing.

hmmm. I got slow flashing red lights at 20%, fast flashing red lights at 15%

its 20% slow red flash (rth if enabled) and 15% fast red flash (autoland) as far as i know...

BlackTracer said:

You can see what your critical (autoland) voltage is in the view tab, even if you can't set it anymore.

Also, the above is mostly true, but don't forget the P2 also has a hidden 3rd voltage alarm, which is tied to voltage and not percentage. It will initiate autoland if you hit 10.65v, even with more percentage remaining.

xtonex said:
its 20% slow red flash (rth if enabled) and 15% fast red flash (autoland) as far as i know...

Maybe that was it, I was in full control over it. I might have got the flashes wrong because I was overcome with joy it flew straight :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.James said:
My biggest problem is early landing. Two batteries I get the first warning at 30-32% auto land within 30 seconds. Both times I was about 300' away the P2 never started to go home before auto descending. My third battery does the same but at 25% warning and auto descend within seconds. Important to note that flight time to auto descend is at about 10 min now compared to 12 min previously.

That sounds more like a problem with the crappy not so smart battery's and not anything that will or can ever be fixed with any software update. as far as the battery's internal charger that likes to crap out and not properly charge the cells right.

I dissected my bad dji battery that 2 cells were shot right out of the box when I got it. and there isn't actually any thing at all wrong with the battery its self and is the "smart" part of the battery that is the problem. If I individual charge the cells they take a full charge. I still need to do some more experimentation but I am working on a good work around that will make it so they can be charged properly and be able to then work properly in the phantom with out an early landing do to them not really being fully charged and cells balanced.

I believe you are 100% correct. Keep us updated on the work around.

ElGuano said:
Also, the above is mostly true, but don't forget the P2 also has a hidden 3rd voltage alarm, which is tied to voltage and not percentage. It will initiate autoland if you hit 10.65v, even with more percentage remaining.

I'm sure you're right. I just had one of my batteries replaced under warranty because 1 of the 3 cells decided it wouldn't take a full charge. It would give a low battery warning at 33% and go immediately into auto-land. This was on fw 3.00 but I wouldn't be surprised if, with all the new battery related automatic reactions, this hidden 3rd alarm could have been made a little more sensitive.

That would explain the earlier poster's problem with several batteries all of a sudden giving early low battery warnings and going into auto-land.

I also think J.James is right.

Is there a repository of the past DJI firmware updates, such that if I update to v3.06 and am not pleased I can revert back to a previous version? TIA.

BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:
Two questions:

I agree with the iOSD lying about the actual voltage; however, I would like to verify the voltage on battery. Can anyone tell me what then voltage without load should be, or difference between loaded and unloaded?

I can tell that I did not have enough time between the first warning and auto land to fly more than a few feet. I could force altitude with 95+% throttle, but not sure how far you can get like that. Its a real problem if you rely on the P2 doing what it is programmed to do (fly home and land). If you FPV very far away, you are likely to be in trouble, which is why I have always made sure to be close to home at 30%. Now it look like I better be there at 50%, which is going to be much less than 10 minutes flight time for me.

if all 3 cells are good and fully charged you should have about 4.18v to 4.20v ish or so volts in each cell or about 12.54v to 12.60 ish or so volts all together. or atleast some thing very close to that give or take a few 100ths

Keep in mind theses battery packs are actually 3S2P. That means there are six individual cells so any one of them can cause there to be a problem with the pack.

EricT said:
Is there a repository of the past DJI firmware updates, such that if I update to v3.06 and am not pleased I can revert back to a previous version? TIA.

Keep previous Vision Assistant versions, then you can revert to previous FW version.

AnselA said:
EricT said:

Keep previous Vision Assistant versions, then you can revert to previous FW version.

And if I was foolish enough not to do that? Where can one lay their hands (internet speaking) on them?

EricT said:
AnselA said:
EricT said:

And if I was foolish enough not to do that? Where can one lay their hands (internet speaking) on them?

Here: http://droneslinger.com/software.html

I'm a little confused on the updates. Am I required to open my transmitter to perform an upgrade on the transmitter or are all the updates on the Phantom by hooking up to the Phantom itself as normal? I have never needed an update on the transmitter/controller by opening it up to hook up to the board.

AnselA said:
ProfessorStein said:
Yes... absolutely it does. I do it all the time.

Have you done it using 3.06? I did not succeed using 3.04.

I have not yet upgraded to 3.06... all my testing was on 3.04, and it worked perfectly for me.
When you say you did not succeed, do you mean you were unable to get the LEDs to flash to confirm a new home point? Or something else?

BlackTracer said:

So let me get this straight. You're complaining that it waited too long to autoland... that it was "too close for you"... and that you "want more control" over your flight... and, yet, you didn't bring it home yourself before the RTF kicked in?!? That's pretty hypocritical, isn't it? As far as I can see, 18% is a pretty adequate safety margin. That's nearly 1/5 of your battery left. But, if you're so nervous about it being "too close", just bring it home sooner. There. Done. You have "control".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka