DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses (by DJI)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
DJI just released corrective lenses for the DJI Goggles and DJI Goggles Racing Edition. The corrective lenses mount directly onto the lens frames of DJI Goggles (just like the Focus-Fixers that some people are using now).

See more details here in the DJI Store.

Lens.jpg

Oh nowwww they get around to it! Screw that. Focus-fixers solved that months ago. Rather give them my money and have!

Last edited:
I like them, now if I just knew for sure, which ones to buy. I got to try 3.25x at 9 inches, not quite enough. 3.5 is likely, but no one local carries higher than 3.25x.
Just got the goggles tonight, UPS from OC Store was overnight.;)
After they are charged, I will try the 2.5x that I have here. Not sure just what to expect.

The test is reading at 9", or so it is said. 3.25x was just shy of right. If I moved them down my nose a bit, then it was clear.
But with the goggles now, I can take them in and try again if needed.

Beware the nose clearance on these as they made no attempt to get the lens / assembly away from the nose.

I got the goggles and took them to the drug store to try out reading glasses. The highest power in town was 3.25x, just shy of what I needed, so I ordered 3.5x off Amazon, hope they work well.
Let you know when I get them, but it will be a few days, with Xmas and all.

Beware the nose clearance on these as they made no attempt to get the lens / assembly away from the nose.
Are you warning us because you've tried these and found they don't work well?

I designed the Focus-Fixers and the lens assembly's proximity to the nose was a major design challenge. We started out with a similar full lens design but quickly found they impacted some people's nose. We painstakingly redesigned them to give additional clearance to the bridge area. This was a necessary design feature to keep the lens assembly off the nose of the wearer. Base on what I can easily see, the full thickness of the lens + plastic carrier sit on top of the innermost goggle lens frame which, in my experience, can cause the inside portion of the assembly to impact the nose. The risk of touching and pressure on the nose will of course vary based on face / nose shape and IPD adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: With The Birds
Yes, these install on top of the built in goggle lenses in between the current lenses and your face.
Good information, I will have to consider that difference when I buy. For now I will use glasses, if they are satisfactory, then a cheap alternative.;)

Anyone know when DJI will have these available again? When I click the link it says not available in your country/region.

I bought the standard goggles a couple weeks ago and am using readers for now but would like these instead.

Reactions: Hounddog
I placed my order through DJI right around Christmas time when this thread started and never heard a peep. Last week I fired off a nasty gram asking where the hell were they and suddenly my order arrived 3 days later expedited. Just saying.

The corrective lenses seem to be back in stock, just ordered a set. Can't wait to not use the readers anymore!

Yeh I still get not avaliable for my region ,beautiful picture coming through but just give impression like closer than it is ,if the winder went over 1mm more,be perfect but not want to force dial on goggles,if they wernt so new I'd get the tools out,lol,:)update,12th February...well seems I got good eyes not,trying some reading glasses at +4 strength,makes it good,oh my eyes;)

Last edited by a moderator:
DJI just released corrective lenses for the DJI Goggles and DJI Goggles Racing Edition. The corrective lenses mount directly onto the lens frames of DJI Goggles (just like the Focus-Fixers that some people are using now).

See more details here in the DJI Store.

View attachment 92428

Just got a pair of the DJI lens and they are much stronger, easier to put in and out and less susceptible to fogging than the focus-fixers. Plus they only cost about half as much. I had made up my mind that if these werent better than the focus-fixers the goggles were going to have to go. So happy these worked so well

@Deepwater, I'm happy to hear they worked out well for you. And thank you for the comparison with the Focus-Fixers.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I am going to the optometrist tomorrow, and will seek his advice on which power to order for my prescription. My other concern is that I often let others wear the goggles and I truly enjoy hearing their gasps, ahhhs and OMGs. Would they go in and out easy enough to buy a few extra powers for guests? Or would it damage the goggles with changing them out? Lastly, could one wear these while wearing their glasses. When I flip the goggles up I am unable to see the Phantom, so I have been wearing my normal glasses around my neck. Ideally, Id like to leave my glasses on, but I have a feeling that is a stupid idea. Contacts may be in my future I suppose.

What are other middle aged pilots with bifocals doing?

Thank You,
Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164