DJI GO 2.8.3 out

Set channel to (auto)or choose another one, this should fix your poor signal issue. I had same problem only a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: meissner58
Posted on DJI forum as well...I will do more testing this weekend but:
I flew on 2.8.3 update WITH windsurfer antenna booster over water clear line of sight at 100 foot elevation, and at 5200 feet distance I was receiving weak transmission signal, consistently. Not good.
iPad Air - iOS 9.3
DJI GO 2.8.3 IOS App has been released !

So far I haven't noticed that the Windsurfer makes a huge difference for me, but I'm not flying with completely clear line of site (even with some altitude). I'd be curious if you get a better signal at 200 or 300 feet altitude. Did you get a weak signal message throughout, or at 5200 feet? Which aircraft? I'm also really beginning to think (for me) that antenna position, even when flying higher, has a lot to do with this (especially with Windsurfer which makes the signal MUCH more directional).. The whole concept of the Windsurfer makes it much more a beam, with the strongest concentration being directly pointed at the aircraft at all times.. How weak the signal becomes at the edges, I'm not sure, but at a mile, we'd clearly be out of eye sight range so you have to rely on the map to try to stay centered with the antenna... I may play around with seeing if I'm lined up, if the signal drops if I go off center, etc..

Set channel to (auto)or choose another one, this should fix your poor signal issue. I had same problem only a couple of weeks ago.

Shouldn't auto pick the best channel though? The problem with manual is that a channel may be clear(er) in one area, but worse in another? I've never done the 32 channel hack..

So far I haven't noticed that the Windsurfer makes a huge difference for me, but I'm not flying with completely clear line of site (even with some altitude). I'd be curious if you get a better signal at 200 or 300 feet altitude. Did you get a weak signal message throughout, or at 5200 feet? Which aircraft? I'm also really beginning to think (for me) that antenna position, even when flying higher, has a lot to do with this (especially with Windsurfer which makes the signal MUCH more directional).. The whole concept of the Windsurfer makes it much more a beam, with the strongest concentration being directly pointed at the aircraft at all times.. How weak the signal becomes at the edges, I'm not sure, but at a mile, we'd clearly be out of eye sight range so you have to rely on the map to try to stay centered with the antenna... I may play around with seeing if I'm lined up, if the signal drops if I go off center, etc..
Have u looked at FPV Camera App? The app has a function that allows you to see where you're pointing the RC. It's pretty cool, if your pointed directly at the drone the line on the screen is green, if you turn away from the drone from side to side it progressively goes from green to yellow to red. That would be one way of knowing if your signal is weak and there's a problem or you just not pointed in the right direction. I would like to go do that test right now if I could but of course whenever you want test something it's raining or too windy, in my case it's pouring outside..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have u looked at FPV Camera App? The app has a function that allows you to see where you're pointing the RC. It's pretty cool, if your pointed directly at the drone the line on the screen is green, if you turn away from the drone from side to side it progressively goes from green to yellow to red. That would be one way of knowing if your signal is weak and there's a problem or you just not pointed in the right direction. I would like to go do that test right now if I could but of course whenever you want test something it's raining or too windy, in my case it's pouring outside..

Just took a look at it online. Didn't see that function, but got some mixed reviews about having to do in-store purchases to get a more truly functional version.. What does (or doesn't) come with the basic version? Does it run concurrently with the DJI Go app or is it one or the other.. Geez how many waypoint apps are there out there. AutoPilot, Litchi.. :)

Update:
Looking at this page, it looks like a lot of disconnecting going on. :)

Requirements

Last edited:
I would not put it in until it specifically called out the fixes for the 3

I hope apple aren't going to start getting preferential treatment now with this partnership with DJI, see iOS users have already got their fix, how long before us android users get theirs, I remember iOS always being 2 or 3 updates behind android now they're 1 in front

So you were ok when we were the laggers. That's not nice [emoji4]

Maybe it's simply the iOS camp got bigger.

And... Given most wait a release or two to watch the Guinea pigs, that may not be a bad thing.

Cheers, P

What if like me, you're on 2.8.1 without signal dropping issues. Has anyone gotten signal dropping issues with 2.8.3 that they didn't have before? Or is this more about people who've been dealing with the issue previously looking for this new app rev to cure it? Aside from the poor channel reception warning at startup, which I consider a bug because it's never caused issue in flight, I don't have signal dropping issues during flight. This new app rev has some things I'd like to have but I'm not interested if people who haven't had problems are suddenly now having them with this rev.

My air2 is on 9.1 and I've flown with custom channel 20 without issue and now having the 32 channel hack, I fly on channel 32.

What if like me, you're on 2.8.1 without signal dropping issues. Has anyone gotten signal dropping issues with 2.8.3 that they didn't have before? Or is this more about people who've been dealing with the issue previously looking for this new app rev to cure it? Aside from the poor channel reception warning at startup, which I consider a bug because it's never caused issue in flight, I don't have signal dropping issues during flight. This new app rev has some things I'd like to have but I'm not interested if people who haven't had problems are suddenly now having them with this rev.

My air2 is on 9.1 and I've flown with custom channel 20 without issue and now having the 32 channel hack, I fly on channel 32.

Well,
If you have a current back up on the Cloud of you iPad with 2.8.1 on it you can always restore to that level. There are methods outlined for restoring an older version of an app store app...

On the 32 channel hack, I didn't think that the config file was still floating around.. and even how to set it back.. Any pointers there would be appreciated.. With the hack you have to be in manual mode, correct?

Well,
If you have a current back up on the Cloud of you iPad with 2.8.1 on it you can always restore to that level. There are methods outlined for restoring an older version of an app store app...

On the 32 channel hack, I didn't think that the config file was still floating around.. and even how to set it back.. Any pointers there would be appreciated.. With the hack you have to be in manual mode, correct?
Yes, you have to be in manual mode to choose and stick to a higher channel. As for reapplying it, there's a thread with a ton of info on it. The file should be saved somewhere you can always find it to reapply it when necessary.

Understand, but a lot of folks are reporting the issues (especially with the P4) are fixed with 2.8.3.. Others still saying transmission issues on P3A and P3P. Have a job this weekend coming but will try 2.8.3 on my iPhone but leave iPad on 2.8.1 until I'm sure..

That might be right, but for those who have 2.8.1 installed there is no reason to install an updated version of the app.

"Never change a winning team", as least until it is proven to be significantly better.

I wouldn't change ANYTHING unless necessary or proven to work by the majority of drone pilots.

Well,

Here you go sir....
More channels hack

How is DJI GO 2.8.3 working for users?

I'm currently on Firmware 1.9.60 with RC 1.6.0 and DJI GO app 2.8.1.
But I've been thinking about upgrading the app to 2.8.3, mostly for the new aircraft name change feature.

Any more consensus on rumored loss of flight range or poor connection issues?
Is it generally okay to use this 2.8.3 version?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT