DJI GO 2.8.3 out

That worries me...weak signal notifications don't give me that confident feeling of trust I want just before flight, and then when something happens and a crash is the result DJI will analyze flight data and say...you were warned of weak signal but disregarded notification....your loss!!!

You make a good point but I'd like to believe that looking at the log, they'd be able to tell that the actual signal (minor errors reported) was good. I get the weak signal notification all the time when on the ground and close to the P3P, but when I fly it up, it goes away. Seems like a bug to me, where they are unable to detect the difference between signal "overflow" (being too close) and a weak signal. Maybe that's what they are trying to correct with the latest updates?

Mike

You make a good point but I'd like to believe that looking at the log, they'd be able to tell that the actual signal (minor errors reported) was good. I get the weak signal notification all the time when on the ground and close to the P3P, but when I fly it up, it goes away. Seems like a bug to me, where they are unable to detect the difference between signal "overflow" (being too close) and a weak signal. Maybe that's what they are trying to correct with the latest updates?

Mike
I never had those notifications prior to the new firmware download...I get them too now...and I am NOT happy and what bothers me more than anything is DJI's stance on not allowing downgrades of firmware that worked well prior even to the point where P3P could downgrade and P3A could not!....although I did find a workaround for that issue but ultimately I would like to go down one additional step but have not found a way to achieve that yet.

I also updated ipad mini to 2.8.3 and started getting weak transmission signal and lost aircraft errors. Not happy at all since I just got the AC back from a 2 month stay at Club DJI Repair. Even with fully charged batteries, I'm afraid to fly the **** thing anywhere now. Does anybody have an idea how to fix these errors?
Interested to hear your report meissner58

Is this the error you are getting?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465072305.736762.jpg

That's the exact error I get with the previous rev of dji go. I'm one behind this rev. I was hoping this rev fixed it. Has it? It shows that but the channel itself is clean. Since I did the 32 channel hack I'm not sure I've seen it.

That's the exact error I get with the previous rev of dji go. I'm one behind this rev. I was hoping this rev fixed it. Has it? It shows that but the channel itself is clean. Since I did the 32 channel hack I'm not sure I've seen it.

I haven't updated yet. I'm currently on the following :

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1465083723.615339.jpg

I also have the 32 channel hack on a clean channel but still get the error which cycles on and off

I also updated ipad mini to 2.8.3 and started getting weak transmission signal and lost aircraft errors. Not happy at all since I just got the AC back from a 2 month stay at Club DJI Repair. Even with fully charged batteries, I'm afraid to fly the **** thing anywhere now. Does anybody have an idea how to fix these errors?
Interested to hear your report meissner58

I was also encountering these problems, before AND AFTER updating to 2.8.3. Yesterday I decided to delete the app, and reinstall (iOS version). This fixed my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Nexus 6 auto-updated to 2.8.1 a few days ago. I think 2.8.1 is the latest right now on Android.
That's what I thought. So I wonder what is Phill2 on about his Samsung Galaxy on 2.8.2 and has the option of upgrading to 2.8.3? Is he somehow running iOS version on his Galaxy? o_O

That is exactly the error I'm getting. Upon closer inspection, DJI sent me the wrong P3P, AGAIN!! This is twice they've sent me the wrong drone. Getting a little pissed right now. I haven't seen the P3P I bought since March, when I sent it in for repairs.

I get the error as well but seems to go away after I take off and fly. It certainly concerned me but after numerous fights I've never had any issues. Sad thing is I don't recall which app version or firmware I started seeing the error. I have yet to update to the new 2.8.3 app yet so I'm not certain if it would fix the issue. I'd love to hear others experience with this issue.

Will you guys who update please report back here whether weak transmission really is fixed? I a! On 2.8.0 and want to know this actually works. Thanks!
No, I updated mine today hoping it would fix the issue but no go, still losing transmission signal at about 80mts, very frustrating!

Reactions: Pvt iDJ
That's what I thought. So I wonder what is Phill2 on about his Samsung Galaxy on 2.8.2 and has the option of upgrading to 2.8.3? Is he somehow running iOS version on his Galaxy? o_O
Sorry for the confusion Noodle
It must be old age but I thought I was on 2.8.2 but it's actually 2.8.0
I'm still not updating though as neither of my Phantoms have any problems

No, I updated mine today hoping it would fix the issue but no go, still losing transmission signal at about 80mts, very frustrating!

Just curious if you updated the current app or did you delete, reboot, and reinstall the new. Was wondering if that makes any difference

Reactions: Lefty63

Those are great cables. I have one and love the length. It's perfect and I haven't had any troubles with it. I was leery about using non Apple cables, so far so good.

For those having transmission issues on 2.8.3, please report them on the DJI forum along with flight log data. DJI-Ken is collecting and forwarding to China. I'm still on 2.8.1.. 2.8.2 was trouble (especially for P4).. Some say 2.8.3 fixed everything (P3 and P4) others, not so great results. Again, the way they got the P4 update nailed down was by providing the flight logs, any video of the Smart Device and .dat files.

DJI GO 2.8.3 IOS App has been released !

Last edited:
After the 2.8.2 disaster people are scared to update... understandable.

Understand, but a lot of folks are reporting the issues (especially with the P4) are fixed with 2.8.3.. Others still saying transmission issues on P3A and P3P. Have a job this weekend coming but will try 2.8.3 on my iPhone but leave iPad on 2.8.1 until I'm sure..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20