DJI GO 2.5.1 Update

I updated tonight as well and plan to fly first thing in the morning. Fingers crossed that I don't have any issues!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only thing I noticed is an option to draw on your Google map with your finger to outline boundaries for flight or use as a guide for a flight path. Haven't used it yet but could come in handy

Update and open it and see if it crashes after about 10-15 seconds.
Does it on my iPad Air 2 and also my iPad Mini 2. iPhone 6+ still at 2.5.0 so it's working there.

So far we have not found a reason for the new release 2.5.1.

As posted on other thread, following are my findings:

1. There seems to be a clean up n maps but that may not be due to this release. It could be server data.

2. I didn't see any yellow areas, only NFZs were displayed.

3. Sizes of the NFZs vary from place to place. Smaller airports had 2.5 km diameter, major airport such as San Francisco had 5km diameter. Per FAA guidelines they should have 5miles radius. Am I right?

4. No other difference found compared to earlier version 2.50

5. During detailed investigation, it's found that RC stores the last captured maps. This means that even if you disable Internet and GPS on the device, it will not allow you to fly in NFZ areas. Not sure how will it act if you move to a totally different location away from the captured maps, say 200 miles away, with Internet and GPS disabled on your device.

Update and open it and see if it crashes after about 10-15 seconds.
Does it on my iPad Air 2 and also my iPad Mini 2. iPhone 6+ still at 2.5.0 so it's working there.

.....and now I'm grounded. 2.5.0 on the iPhone 6+ worked fine. I updated it to 2.5.1 and same issue now. Guess it didn't want to fly this weekend.

So that's 3 iOS devices with the same behavior with 2.5.1. There's a problem with that update.

I guess it's Saturday 1:30PM in Shenzhen China right now.

Maybe just maybe a DJi developer is at work and opens the GO App on their iOS device? I mean since they probably forgot to do that after they updated the code to version 2.5.1?

This Canadian's still free flying. Hahaha
All updated firmware and Go App, IPad Air 2 Cellular...
Everything is great here, even the <-0*C temperatures. ;-)
Went for a slip and slide on the SpYder tonight... Ha

RedHotPoker

This Canadian's still free flying. Hahaha
All updated firmware and Go App, IPad Air 2 Cellular...
Everything is great here, even the <-0*C temperatures. ;-)
Went for a slip and slide on the SpYder tonight... Ha

RedHotPoker

Go out and do a test flight right now. Report back I thin 20min.

Hi All, I have a iPad Air 2 cellular and updated to 2.5.1 although I've not flown yet I did connect the the bird up at home and all seems fine.

Hi to all,

I bought my phantom 3p back in May 2015,... at that point I read all these posts and all the upcoming horror stories that would hit us flyers in the year 2016. at that point I had version 1.1 9 on the radio and on the bird itself, i turned off
Updates on apps, turned off cellular and turned on airplane mode, I have been flying like this with those settings since May when I bought this,... I am currently in a no fly zone(RED ZONE) but yet to my surprise I could fly anywhere ,anytime I want. if all of you have done what I have done you'd be free as a bird my advice at this point stop with the updates if it fly fine leave it alone!
the way I kept my phantom 3 lock and load it's worth many thousands of dollars now

Good luck to all

Last edited:
[QUOT E="Kevin M , post: 6378 29,membe r: 31348"]Hi to all,

I bought my phantom 3p back in May 2015,... at that point I read all these posts and all the upcoming horror stories that would hit us flyers in the year 2016. at that point I had version 1.1 9 on the radio and on the bird itself, i turned off
Updates on apps, turned off cellular and turned on airplane mode, I have been flying like this with those settings since May when I bought this,... I am currently in a no fly zone(RED ZONE) but yet to my surprise I could fly anywhere ,anytime I want. if all of you have done what I have done you'd be free as a bird my advice at this point stop with the updates if it fly fine leave it alone!
the way I kept my phantom 3 lock and load it's worth many thousands of dollars now

Good luck to all[/QUOTE]

Here are my current mods to the bird and radio,
V2 antenna mod
Battery mod...2 2100 Thunder Power 197 grams each
Side Mount amp antenna

This is a joke. 2.5.1 updated on my iPad and now I am grounded. The no fly zones are huge even on these little small airports. It is using 5 mile windows for all airports, so, 10 mi diameter around every airport, big or small.

Updated earlier and Took mine for a shorty jaunt out back, behind the woodshed.
Ah, it Seems to fly the same. Just awesome. Hahaha

The NFZ areas are all still there, but thankfully all well outside the vast city limits... ;-)
And our flying field has mercifully been spared..

We are ever ready & good to "Go". Hehe

RedHotPoker
Hi just to clarify you say the bird fly's the same and no problemso_O

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl