DJI GO 2.5.1 Update

This is a joke. 2.5.1 updated on my iPad and now I am grounded. The no fly zones are huge even on these little small airports. It is using 5 mile windows for all airports, so, 10 mi diameter around every airport, big or small.
I see all clear for me as the nearest small airport is about 5 miles away and I see a red circle of only 2.5 kms dia. I see no blocking message now. But it has different logic for different areas. Why? No answer.

Hi just to clarify you say the bird fly's the same and no problemso_O
Yes, but I have never had experienced any ill flights. My drone has been trouble free from day one. So, when I say the same, yeah it still is the very same as the first day I opened the box, which was so memorably awesome, for this new Phantom 3 Pro' pilot.
I knew from that early beginning hover, that rotor guards weren't going to be necessary. This drone was way to easy to control. Has been a dream machine and blessing since that first take off and its eventual landing. ;-)
Yes, the most recent update has been 100% fine. Happy to report.
Don't be afraid. Have faith & courage. Maybe a little fortitude? Hehe

RedHotPoker

I see all clear for me as the nearest small airport is about 5 miles away and I see a red circle of only 2.5 kms dia. I see no blocking message now. But it has different logic for different areas. Why? No answer.
Artificial intelligence, my good man... They have installed a small digital brain in the unit. All while we slept through the night. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Thank you for clarifying kind Regards Craig [emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Upgraded to 2.5.1 ............ ZERO issues! Test flew today .. flew GREAT!
12489339_10153163354186784_9160334429405306308_o.jpg

Upgraded to 2.5.1 ............ ZERO issues! Test flew today .. flew GREAT!
12489339_10153163354186784_9160334429405306308_o.jpg
thank you for the ok on flight nice to know everything is still working well I do appreciate people testing all the updates.as DJI seams to update a lot. When I look back on my f450 dji v2 had no problems' and I still fly now and again to blow the dust off PS do you fly p3p or the p3a ?.We as a group must promote more positive views as they seems to be lots of negativity and things seems to get blown out of proportion. thanks again happy flying. Regards Craig.;)

I upgraded to DJI 2.5.1 and seem to have no problems at all. I am using the iPad mini 2 wifi+4G. Internet left on.

Hi Videolester, do you switch on your internet or in Airplane mode while using dji go app. The app crash on my device if connected to internet..
Hi RJay! My iPad is a Mini2 with NO WiFi connection in the field, so NO internet. I don't put it in "airplane mode" either. I have not flown the app yet with the iPad "hot spot connected" (online) thru my phone to the net, so I cannot yet comment on how it works while the iPad is online. I will test tho. I don't forsee any problem. We shall see! Cheers!

Hi videolester i was looking at-the picture and I have one that looks very similar its at night you can see weird !
948399ababda173033cfdf73140e99bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorted my NFZ problems..... Turned off WiFi on my iPad mini 2 and all zones disappeared .I can now fly everywhere even on version 2.5.1

Yep.....they fixed the battery issues that cause Phantoms to fall from the sky! Oh....wait......that's the smoke and mirrors they used for the last two updates while they fill our app and bird, unknowingly to us, with NFZ's.
And can someone explain what happens if my P3A wanders into a no fly zone. Seems like my house is surrounded by circles.

I haven't updated in a while in fear that I won't be able to fly it in certain areas. Will this update keep me from even flying it in my backyard, close to the ground? I do live within about 2 miles of an airport...but I always keep it real low.

Artificial intelligence, my good man... They have installed a small digital brain in the unit. All while we slept through the night. Hehe

RedHotPoker

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453052580.376201.jpg

Reactions: snerd
@Jeff48920, Hahaha, OK, well now you've gone and done it, you broke my dang frown, my good man, so no "Darn It" for you. ;-)
Eh, If they would only RTFM!!
image.jpeg

And learn to fly on a small, inexpensive, crash landing proof quad'.
image.jpeg

Everything would be status-quo. But no, they have to buy themselves or get gifted, an expensive drone that can cost in well excess of $1K.
image.jpeg

Then come in here and show off their closeup HD pics of 'birds' with broken wings and bent tail feathers. Wide grin, turns into laughter...
image.jpeg

I shudder to think of the day/night, I take a nose dive into terrafirma of our concrete jungle, while we hunt big and unusual game (pics/vid).
image.jpeg

Anyway, don't let my wild imaginations deter you from the ultimate goal.
What goes up, should stay up, until the battery warning beeps...
And all four arm LED are blinking red for emergency land, imminent.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Jeff48920
Sizes of the NFZs vary from place to place. Smaller airports had 2.5 km diameter, major airport such as San Francisco had 5km diameter. Per FAA guidelines they should have 5miles radius. Am I right?

Yes you are. In fact for SFO the Class B airspace is from the Surface to 10,000 ft for 5 miles to the south, and extends to 7 miles to the E, N, and W roughly.

Wo
.....and now I'm grounded. 2.5.0 on the iPhone 6+ worked fine. I updated it to 2.5.1 and same issue now. Guess it didn't want to fly this weekend.

So that's 3 iOS devices with the same behavior with 2.5.1. There's a problem with that update.
Works fine on my iPad mini 4 WiFi/cellular, did want it yet, but left my tab in auto update and did it on it's own, lucky there are no issues!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl