DJi Go 2.5.1 iOS - Crashes On Start

Well, I wanna thank DJi for 2.5.1. Tried everything, delete and clean re-install, even deleted the iPad Air 2's backup in case there was any residual data from the GO App after I deleted it and rebooted iPad etc.

The GO App crashes after about 10-15 seconds after launching it. It's a timed crash as I can use the App and go into different places until it hits 10-15 seconds then it crashes to the background. I go back to it and it starts from the beginning so now I'm in a crash loop.

I'll try it on my other iPad Mini 2 then the iPhone 6+ to see if it does the same thing.

Same Problem Exactly my 6+ and P3P are now Grounded Thanks DJI I have a job lined up for tomorrow and it doesn't look like i will be able to film. WEAK!!

It doesn't make any sense to go for this kind of server based system. Web server failure might lead to number of crashes.

As mentioned above by 0DRK3RT - I can confirm that the app crashes without being connected to the RC.
I have the iPhone 6 with 2.5.1 and the iPad Air with 2.5.0 side-by-side and the app on the iPhone closes down after 25 seconds while the iPad is still open.
Both devices are connected to the same wifi network.

I changed to airplane mode, no crashes now.

I don't know when they updated to 2.5.01 but I was fling this afternoon and everything was fine. Then tonight I wanted to work on the simulator and bam crash. This sucks.

I left the GO App up with wifi off, stable. Then turned wifi on, App stayed stable. Then I left wifi on and closed the App and launched it fresh. Crashed. So the GO App seems to be checking for wifi and/or cellular at startup then if it finds it it's trying to then maybe make a connection to a DJi backend service. If it doesn't find wifi or cellular it is not attempting a connection and so is stable. My concern here is this a one time check as I noted earlier? What if the check succeeds on startup but your out flying and a few minutes later for whatever reason their services goes down. Bad stuff.

It doesn't crash in airplane mode so their is definitely some type of connection in the background that's crashing the app. A web service call not being properly handled would cause something like this. Hope they fix this quick. I have a jailbroken device I'm going to test with and check the crash logs. Should give more insight into the crash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have learned with past upgrades problems, from 111%, Red Hot Poker and a few others, the problem is either operator error... or you are the only one having a problem out of millions flying... and all you do is complain.

I left the GO App up with wifi off, stable. Then turned wifi on, App stayed stable. Then I left wifi on and closed the App and launched it fresh. Crashed. So the GO App seems to be checking for wifi and/or cellular at startup then if it finds it it's trying to then maybe make a connection to a DJi backend service. If it doesn't find wifi or cellular it is not attempting a connection and so is stable. My concern here is this a one time check as I noted earlier? What if the check succeeds on startup but your out flying and a few minutes later for whatever reason their services goes down. Bad stuff.

LITCHI crashes and/or won't connect either. Ugh

Im getting the same results you are with starting with the Data off then opening the go app. I agree very sketchy don't want this to crash mid flight.

I have learned with past upgrades problems, from 111%, Red Hot Poker and a few others, the problem is either operator error... or you are the only one having a problem out of millions flying... and all you do is complain.

Fire up yours right now and take a flight. Then report back

2.4.2 is working fine for me. Just fired it up, both with my iPhone 6S+ in airplane mode, and with it online.

Looks like whatever their issue was has been resolved.. Crashing has went away.. Scary though. Hope it doesn't happen mid flight.

Anyone else that was crashing working again?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl