DJi Go 2.5.1 iOS - Crashes On Start

In the future it may be smart to remember that if the app crashes in flight, disable wife, or enable airplane mode, and then reopen the app. This will disable any backend communications recover the situation mid flight. Keep in mind that these birds will fly without the app, you can do a RTH or control with sticks. Best option is to let it hover, turn off communications, then reopen the app.

Of course if you are running a GEOFenced version of the GOApp and firmware not sure what happens.

Ughhhh growing pains.

Makes me wonder if this would work better with 1.19 and a really of version of the GOApp.

Same here in indonesia. But I have tried to offline my ipad mini 2 dji go app run normal but still unsafe for flying today. Hope dji fix this as soon as possible

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My app was crashing in St. Louis Mo. A couple hours ago. I deleated the app on my iPad mini 2 two times. I'm not getting gps after the 1.6 update I did tonight. Anybody else got this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've update DJI Go in both of my devices ( Iphone 6s and Mini Ipad 3) so far no problem. I will be trying to flight later and will update.

In the future it may be smart to remember that if the app crashes in flight, disable wife, or enable airplane mode, and then reopen the app. This will disable any backend communications recover the situation mid flight. Keep in mind that these birds will fly without the app, you can do a RTH or control with sticks. Best option is to let it hover, turn off communications, then reopen the app.

Of course if you are running a GEOFenced version of the GOApp and firmware not sure what happens.

Ughhhh growing pains.

Makes me wonder if this would work better with 1.19 and a really of version of the GOApp.

Yes, I must remember to disable "wife" then I will be able to fly as much as I want and get all the DJI toys my heart desires! LOL

Yes, I must remember to disable "wife" then I will be able to fly as much as I want and get all the DJI toys my heart desires! LOL

Seems ok my end . 2.5.1 auto updated on ipad mini2 but ran ok. Switched on did a complete calibration, imu,compass, sat the p3a
on the table for about 25mins took photos video, motors started all other functions seemed fine. Dare not take off though in case
some other bombshell gets reported.Running fw 1.4. Tried switching off couple of times but same response. Jesus, I thought all this super
technology was meant to make life easier and more comfortable.What next?

DJI GO 2.5.1 on my iPhone and iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.2
Interesting progression:
1. updated mine last night and crashed within 30 seconds when wifi or LTE enabled
2. no crash when wifi and LTE disabled.
3. Deinstalled 5.1 and reinstalled
4. Bench test this morning (connected to Controller/AC no props- CSC motors start and are responsive to controller input)
5. Wifi and LTE disabled (No crash after 1 minute)
6. GPS stable at 12-14 sats (inside the house facing patio doors)
7. Wifi and LTE enabled (no crash after 1 minute)
8. Map shows Red Zone over most local (within 50 miles) NFZs (small zones directly over the airport physical property)
9. Disconnect AC by shutting down, Controller still connected to devices and powered on).
10. Maps Still available.

Part 2
1. Rebooted devices
2. Wifi and LTE on
3. Start App...
4. App will not connect to "Camera Screen" to allow view of prospective flight zone (including views of Restricted Flight Zones). This view was previously available after first connection to the Controller and Aircraft.

It's pretty obvious that dji dumped and reset, then a propagation took place. They have placed the ability in each A/C to view live flight should they choose to.

@Phantom751874 disables wifi on device and reports no app crash.
@alokbhargava enables airplane mode and also reports no app crash.

So with what these two guys did, would be the same as someone flying with a non-cellular device that was also without a internet connection. However, the majority of those flying would have either cellular or wifi at flight time. Overall this is giving someone the ability to see your exact flight route as it is taking place. Why? That's a good question.

Edit: including that I grounded my P3 when I found out in testing that the next firmware we were getting reduced the A/C's overall speed/mph from around 35mph down to around 21mph. We never had battery type issues prior to 1.4.1 firmware. That plus the fact that all current upgrade firmware releases have NO real world testing.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that dji dumped and reset, then a propagation took place. They have placed the ability in each A/C to view live flight should they choose to.

@Phantom751874 disables wifi on device and reports no app crash.
@alokbhargava enables airplane mode and also reports no app crash.

So with what these two guys did, would be the same as someone flying with a non-cellular device that was also without a internet connection. However, the majority of those flying would have either cellular or wifi at flight time. Overall this is giving someone the ability to see your exact flight route as it is taking place. Why? That's a good question.

Flytrex and others have been doing this (the ability to see your exact flight route as it is taking place) for years however, it seems that the real problem with the crashes may have been another server problem that has since been remedied.

Flytrex and others have been doing this (the ability to see your exact flight route as it is taking place) for years however, it seems that the real problem with the crashes may have been another server problem that has since been remedied.
Is there any empirical evidence that this was caused by DJI?
The fact that Litchi also had problems suggests otherwise.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken Litchi uses DJI's SDK. The problem is probably hard coded into the SDK

Is there any empirical evidence that this was caused by DJI?
The fact that Litchi also had problems suggests otherwise.

The SDK only has access to a certain level of functionality. The DJi code that does this I'm sure is not modifiable through the SDK.

Mine on 2.4.3 was doing it last night. I solved it by just plugging my iPad Air 2 into the RC and turning on the RC only, not the Phantom. So just iPad and RC.

Used to be fine. Using 2.5.0
Now crashing all the time with the iPhone 6 at 40%. FPV Camera was fine.
After 10 minutes of flying the iPhone was at 30%.
Maybe the issue is the iPhone should be (almost) fully charged?
Will try today.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl