DJI drone bought through Amazon

I bought my 2nd P3A through Amazon. I set up CCC to give me a price alert if it went below $600. I was alerted of an open box P3A for $551. It said new never used but was open box. I got it and the side of the box was smashed but everything was still sealed including the props. The battery had 0 charges, and the firmware was 1.4. Updated to 1.6, and registered it. Have flown about 100 miles with it. I am completely satisfied with that one. It is the older shell and the older motors. I did read a couple of people bought from Amazon and crashed and Amazon took back the pieces and gave refunds in both cases.

Me too, purchased a P3P with extra battery and memory package. Then I went to DJI.com to purchase a DJI Care plan for $279.

I bought a bundle pack on Amazon.

Me too, purchased a P3P with extra battery and memory package. Then I went to DJI.com to purchase a DJI Care plan for $279.
WOW! 279....I hope that just gets you a new one no matter what happens, dji service being what it is.

WOW! 279....I hope that just gets you a new one no matter what happens, dji service being what it is.
Unfortunately, being a first time flyer, DJI care seemed the lesser of two evils. It seems to cover most common accidents on the aircraft and the camera/gimbal with the top coverage limit to $999 whether at fault or not. I called Squaretrade and they no longer cover drones. The DJI care plan gives me somewhat peace of mind.

Unfortunately, being a first time flyer, DJI care seemed the lesser of two evils. It seems to cover most common accidents on the aircraft and the camera/gimbal with the top coverage limit to $999 whether at fault or not. I called Squaretrade and they no longer cover drones. The DJI care plan gives me somewhat peace of mind.
As long as it makes you feel better. Other than the phantom, and I'm questioning that, I don't think I'd buy another dji product, drone or insurance, or anything.

DJI service, plain and simple. And the way dji has had prices up and down. I think, and this is just what I think, they should be a stand up company, and be loyal to the people that buy their products, and take care of them if they have a problem. They haven't done that. In most cases, if you have a problem, you're on your own. And if they do decide to look at your drone, whether they fix it for free, or charge you, you say goodbye to the drone for 6-8 weeks, minimum. I wish I had gotten on this site long before I bought one instead of in desperation after I took delivery, and couldn't get the firmware to load for 2 weeks. That's why.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing