DJI Care - What do you think?

I like the concept, absolutely, but it's too expensive. Personally, I think they should provide 2 years of coverage for the price they're charging for a single year.

Looks like near $300 a year to insure $700? Psp3 minus remote. Doesn't sound like a good deal. Reminds me of the post office, they sell you delivery insurance to protect you incase they fail to deliver, and their only job is to deliver. $149 would be an appealing cost I think. At $280 I think they might have motivation to include a few bugs to make you want the insurance.

"DJI Care will provide repair credits that equal the total amount of the aircraft's retail price at the time of purchase. The plan does not limit the number of repairs and will expire once the contract term is completed or when all repair credits are used up. The standard product warranty that comes with all aircraft will continue to cover quality issues by the manufacturer."

Since the insurance is a bit pricey, this (above) is the only part that could be a negative.

My point is that the repair cost is determined by DJI based on the purchase price of the Phantom alone before tax (if you buy accessories at time of purchase they are not included in total repair price). So if you crash once, DJI could determine that a minor gimbal repair/replacement with labour almost equals the total cost of the Phantom... so only one repair.

And... let's say a car drives over your Phantom and breaks it into a million pieces... will DJI replace it? It's not a repair. Or if you have a fly away or lose it in a lake/ocean... will the insurance replace it? I'm thinking nope.... but you may get a discount on a replacement.

DJI won't use the term "Lost" , as in my Phantom is lost in the woods or at the bottom of a lake. They use the term "presumed beyond repair". It's good to know if you purchased DJI insurance and you lose your Phantom, you can apply "part" of your insurance to a replacement Phantom.

DJI says: "Your aircraft is considered “completely damaged” if over 80% of the aircraft parts are damaged. We usually recommend replacing your aircraft if it is completely damaged.

For the 6-month plan, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one, the coverage amount left in your DJI Care plan can be used for the exchange in the first 5 months during the period of validity. However, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one 30 days before the period of validity expires, you will be compensated at either the coverage amount left or 80% of the purchase price of the aircraft, whichever is lower.

For the 1-year plan, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one, the coverage amount left in your DJI Care plan can be used for the exchange in the first 10 months during the period of validity. However, if your aircraft is completely damaged or presumed to be completely damaged and needs to be exchanged with a new one 60 days before the period of validity expires, you will be compensated at either the coverage amount left or 60% of the purchase price of the aircraft, whichever is lower."

Here is the DJI confusion over "presumed to be beyond repair". Presumed normally means there is a lack of evidence for verification. Below, DJI says if you use the term "Lost" your insurance no longer applies:

DJI says: "What conditions are not covered by DJI Care?

Damages due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
11) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12) Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.
13) Any legal fees related to DJI Care’s warranty coverage."

Are they kidding?? Too expensive, too one sided. Any agreement that includes a 'force majeure' clause never benefits the insured.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing