DJI at CES - Allegedly new product to be unveiled

gunslinger said:
MacCool said:
Woods said:
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but how do we know GoPro is working on a drone at all. Was it announced or leaked someplace.
Me personally, I'm looking forward to a vision 4. The vision + camera quality and video is just fine for my use. I've seen the comparison videos as well, and the difference between GoPro and the Vision + are minimal from my perspective.

If GoPro comes up with a comparable drone, I would definitely be interested. But all things being equal right now; a Vision 4 would be great to see.

Not announced by anyone. Nothing official. Rumor and innuendo only, reported as such by WSJ and picked up by a few other news outlets. If a GoPro drone was imminent, I would have expected either an announcement, or a more detailed leak at CES. I have mentioned it before. If I was Nick Woodman, I would want to be VERY cautious about committing my company to a complicated and troublesome product line in this f'ed up regulatory environment. Drone photography would be a GREAT way to sell GoPro cameras, but it's also a MAJOR target for every privacy-paranoiac out there, and state/local legislation, not to mention impending FAA regulation, is coming up almost every day.

Yeah... I think I'll just sell off all my Multi-rotors and go back to a safer, less contentious hobby. Like collecting, reloading and shooting firearms... :roll: :D [/quote]

If these units keep progressing at the current pace, you could combine both hobbies and use your old multi rotors as skeet. :)

No one has yet mentioned the rumours that Gopro might buyout DJI. Is that still a possibility or Is that a dead rumour now?

Khudson7 said:
No one has yet mentioned the rumours that Gopro might buyout DJI. Is that still a possibility or Is that a dead rumour now?
Anything's possible. Nothing came out of CES, though...not even a rumor or leak.

If a GoPro drone was imminent, I would have expected either an announcement, or a more detailed leak at CES. I have mentioned it before. If I was Nick Woodman, I would want to be VERY cautious about committing my company to a complicated and troublesome product line in this f'ed up regulatory environment. Drone photography would be a GREAT way to sell GoPro cameras, but it's also a MAJOR target for every privacy-paranoiac out there, and state/local legislation, not to mention impending FAA regulation, is coming up almost every day.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT