DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3

I will be listing more on my site as soon as I get caught up with the orders I have now. (don't want people waiting to long for there items) Should be in a day or 2. I Sand, Fit and Vapor lock mine so it takes a bit longer but the part is Stronger, Cleans easy & the process diminishes lines from the 3D Printing process. Also I will be adding 2 more styles of windsurfers along with this one for the Phantom 3 & Inspire 1. Also all my designs are Hi-Res .STL files so no flats on round items (like the curve on the reflector) As I think this is important and just looks better.
Dave... what is your site?? I may be interested in buying 3 for my fleet of P3P's...

Reactions: david wettlaufer
Hi guys, thanks for the appreciation feedback that you are sending me for the high quality of my "DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster". As you have seen, every single 3D printed Range Booster is perfectly finished assuring the best possible range extension for your Phantom RC.

If you wish to order it, please let me know how many pieces you need and your postal address and I will calculate the shipment fees. A single Range Booster costs 19,00 Euros but if you buy multiple items you get a special discount. You can pay to my Paypal ID "[email protected]". Every Range Booster is usually ready for the shipment within 1 day from the payment.

Hi guys, thanks for the appreciation feedback that you are sending me for the high quality of my "DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster". As you have seen, every single 3D printed Range Booster is perfectly finished assuring the best possible range extension for your Phantom RC.

If you wish to order it, please let me know how many pieces you need and your postal address and I will calculate the shipment fees. A single Range Booster costs 19,00 Euros but if you buy multiple items you get a special discount. You can pay to my Paypal ID "[email protected]". Every Range Booster is usually ready for the shipment within 1 day from the payment.
So two would be 38 euros?

Thats because the amount of video channels were reduced from 32 down to 8. The key is to return to firmware 1.1.8. All firmware after has 8 channels.

Actually 1.1.9 has the channels and looks the the new firmware does too. It's just the auto selection in the firmware that was reduced to 8. Using a config file added to the DJI app will allow you to manually select any of the 32 channels and it's simple to do. I tested it and works great.

Here's link showing how to do this.

Hi Luis, if you order two "P3 Range Boosters" you will pay 18,00 Euros for each of them, so the total cost is €36,00 + shipment fees.
How much is that in Pesos?

Maybe, probably cheaper to get one here. Currency conversion and shipping.

Made a pattern that is a bit bigger then the original by 2". Also added new text.

Attachments

• Booster9dbi2_4Ghz_Phantom3 Modified.pdf
    10.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Booster9dbi2_4Ghz_Phantom3 Modified.png
    Booster9dbi2_4Ghz_Phantom3 Modified.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,784
Actually 1.1.9 has the channels and looks the the new firmware does too. It's just the auto selection in the firmware that was reduced to 8. Using a config file added to the DJI app will allow you to manually select any of the 32 channels and it's simple to do. I tested it and works great.

Here's link showing how to do this.

Interesting, I wonder what frequency the extra channels are operating on and whether they are forbidden without a licence.

Interesting, I wonder what frequency the extra channels are operating on and whether they are forbidden without a licence.

If you go back a few pages of this thread it may help with this and any other questions you may have. It can get a bit technical but worth the read if you're interested.

Reactions: atki
Question......anyone have a internal view of where the wire is positioned in the white plastic antenna? Trying to figure you where to position this booster.

Question......anyone have a internal view of where the wire is positioned in the white plastic antenna? Trying to figure you where to position this booster.

It has been posted, sorry I can't link at this time.

It is a PCB style thus the antenna's flat-ish form factor.
About 80% of the antenna's cover lenght IIRC.

How much is that in Pesos?

Hi DaGunn,

The currency change between the two values is 1 Euro = 17,72 Pesos, so for one P3 Range Booster you should pay 337 Pesos + Shipment fees.

IMG_3497r.jpg

If you wish to order it, please let me know how many pieces you need and your postal address and I will calculate the shipment fees.
A single Range Booster costs 19,00 Euros but if you buy multiple items you get a special discount.
You can pay to my Paypal ID "[email protected]". Every Range Booster is usually ready for the shipment within 1 day from the payment.

Best regards.

Has radio ham, i have my concerning about that "work", because increasing SWR....
Just a thought here....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z