DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3

I don't "get" that design at all. It looks like it cannot adjust any farther back towards the controller, therefore leaving it "aiming" downwards, towards the ground. Am I missing something?

image.jpg

You can adjust further back toward the controller.

After the introduction of this parabolic antenna booster to Phantom 3 or Inspire 1, there are so many members interested in this simple mod to extend FPV video and control range. There are various eBay sellers listing their 3D printed antenna boosters with similar design, and I have listed them below for easy reference.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...-Video-Range-Booster-Windsurfer-/261966558715
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311405462696?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

If any of you found similar antenna boosters and are willing to share, please let me know and I can list them in the OP.

Dave I have a question about your design. From the pictures it seems your design places the antenna closer to the range extender than other designs. Wouldn't that put it inside of the focus of the parabola?

Naaaah - Dave IS the man & cheaper -

I'll be ordering in the next week or so, Dave. btw what is shipping cost to Australia?
Perhaps cheaper, but also not exactly what I would like. Two important features for me would be easy sliding on and off, plus having the antennas correctly positioned within the device to allow for max signal extension. I certainly appreciate the work that Dave has done, plus his near real time interaction with the forum, but I don't think that his design covers those two features I want.

But it "does" have the easy sliding on and off. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my earlier post? Lay the antennas flat, extending out, the booster slides right on.

But it "does" have the easy sliding on and off. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my earlier post? Lay the antennas flat, extending out, the booster slides right on.
You were clear snerd. No worries, I understood. Still more steps to attach, and that "snap" is worrisome. Plus, to me the antenna are not in the correct location for max range. Helpful certainly, but not correct.

You were clear snerd. No worries, I understood. Still more steps to attach, and that "snap" is worrisome. Plus, to me the antenna are not in the correct location for max range. Helpful certainly, but not correct.
Gotcha. I'll try to video the process later, and post it. Might make it all clearer.

Reactions: Oso
Everyone has their preference. I have daves design, but can see how someone may prefer the Hong Kong sellers design given the added adjustability in angle while in flight. Not sure I need or want this...

I got ya. Sorry it didn't send you a confirmation e-mail. I'm still working on the site.

Thanks
Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave placed an order with you July 23 did not receive a confirmation or order# When will it ship?

Thank You

Jack Hanoka

Discovery Bay California

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl