DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3

Ordered mine today. Wanted to point out that Dave sells gimbal locks/lens covers that fit the Polar Pro filters, which I ordered too. I just got my Polar Pro filters and they have a rubber gripper on the outside edge which made my previous lens cover useless.
Check out his battery charger organizer...I have one of those on order...I'm getting my P3P totally geek'd out :D

:h

Reactions: david wettlaufer
image.jpg
Mine came today and it fits nicely. Was hoping to try it out today but the typical daily afternoon showers prevented that from happening. Hopefully I will get a chance tomorrow after work.

I will be adding stock for back orders on my web site ... Please keep in mind this is a new web site just started so its very simple atm but I'm working on it slowly when I have the time..I have my phantom 3 items listed right now and will be adding more... I will list 20 windsurfers on back order if you want to get your name on the list... Here is the link :

http://www.dynamic3dsolutions.com/

Please feel free to let me know how user friendly it is... should be easier then e-bay.
~cheers~
I'm getting about 1500-2200 ft away how much will I get with this mod

How?? Because I cant either.
Am thinking of getting another P3 just to see if I get more range from a stock unit
It really can the furthest ive gone was 3000ft and i didn't have the balls as yet to continue so i flew back... Also considering the environment with lots of trees and buildings and a railway which has lots of interference and fly at 20m which is low.

It really can the furthest ive gone was 3000ft and i didn't have the balls as yet to continue so i flew back... Also considering the environment with lots of trees and buildings and a railway which has lots of interference and fly at 20m which is low.
The Furthest I'v gotten on LOS (River , Flat marsh's , no house's or power lines ) is 3200'.I turn around when weak signal shows up in red
I'm hoping sooner or later someone can point me in the right direction

The Furthest I'v gotten on LOS (River , Flat marsh's , no house's or power lines ) is 3200'.I turn around when weak signal shows up in red
I'm hoping sooner or later someone can point me in the right direction
The same thing happened to me too. I guess we should try flying higher

10967 feet before the latest firmware, now barely 5k feet.. Hoping this will help get me back in the 10k range. Really wish someone would figure out how to get our video channels back.

Just got back from using David's 3d printed booster. I can confirm 100% this works great. I normally get 1,800 or 1,900 feet out before I get a weak signal when I fly in the city. Tonight I got 3,068 feet.

I was worried that it would make the signal too focused but I didn't find that to be a problem at all.

The only slight issue I have with the device is I have to apply more pressure than I would like to the antennas to get them to snap in place. I'm extremely careful with most of my belongs so this is probably just me. If he made it much looser - they probably wouldn't hold.

Overall, I'm extremely happy. Thanks David!

I went over 7400ft the other day, totally stock. At 400ft altitude. Turned it around and went further, backwards. I'm sure it could go even further, I just reached my comfort zone limit and brought her back.

Just got back from using David's 3d printed booster. I can confirm 100% this works great. I normally get 1,800 or 1,900 feet out before I get a weak signal when I fly in the city. Tonight I got 3,068 feet.

I was worried that it would make the signal too focused but I didn't find that to be a problem at all.

The only slight issue I have with the device is I have to apply more pressure than I would like to the antennas to get them to snap in place. I'm extremely careful with most of my belongs so this is probably just me. If he made it much looser - they probably wouldn't hold.

Overall, I'm extremely happy. Thanks David!

My antennas snap in place firmly...Try holding the antenna right above the keeper and gently rotating the antenna until one edge clears one side of the keeper and it pops right off with less strain.

:harry

This booster looks great, people seem happy, and the results speak for themselves. I have one question though... it's recommended for the antenna to be in somewhat of a "V" formation, whereas the booster (as far as I can tell) locks then into a parallel orientation. Has any testing been done with printing the parabolas to allow for the "V" formation? If yes, what impact did this have on performance?

This booster looks great, people seem happy, and the results speak for themselves. I have one question though... it's recommended for the antenna to be in somewhat of a "V" formation, whereas the booster (as far as I can tell) locks then into a parallel orientation. Has any testing been done with printing the parabolas to allow for the "V" formation? If yes, what impact did this have on performance?
No, it's NOT recommended to be in a V position. Parallel as shown is the correct position.

I could've sworn I read that in the manual. I went back and checked and it does show parallel being the optimal configuration. My mistake - disregard!

I did a range test the other day and was shy of 1 mile. I had total control, just turned back a tad to soon. This was done on stock set up.
I ordered Dynamic 3d Solution's windsurfer. Hope to compare and see if there is any gains.

Personally, I prefer slight "V" (<20 degrees vs. vertical) antenna setup to keep antennas slightly apart for lowering interference and improving diversity gain.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor