DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3

Update:
I'll be Setting up a new printer to help fill orders come This Sat.
Cheers

I'm interested, and mostly because your setup appears to be on point for best performance. It matches the curving detail of the antenna's and is made keeping the distance of the antenna at 1/2 inch from reflector surface.

Using this mod with a app that has a mod referred to as "wifi wand" is the best options overall. See image below for a reference:

Pwand.jpg

I'm interested, and mostly because your setup appears to be on point for best performance. It matches the curving detail of the antenna's and is made keeping the distance of the antenna at 1/2 inch from reflector surface.

Using this mod with a app that has a mod referred to as "wifi wand" is the best options overall. See image below for a reference:

View attachment 25034
It's called Pilot Wand – Helps to maintain pilot’s line-of-sight (LOS) and device aiming toward Phantom with different color based on RF signal strength (strong > weak, green > yellow > orange > red).

11391508_591486874287456_4646314194027140351_n.jpg

PVF...

Can we get more information on the "Pilot Wand" app. Is this just available for the P2 V+ series ?

Thanks in advance.

:harry

9 went out yesterday.. I should have a large number of them ship out Monday. Again sorry for the delays.
This picture was before the last piece of Reflector was added. I am very happy with the finish on the reflector.View attachment 25144
Very good. Just waiting for your next batch to post on eBay [emoji6]

Hi Guys!!!
I would like to show you my antenna reflector booster. Work's great.
I flew 4,500m and still I had full range. I decided to come back because I wasn't sure about battery but when I came I still had 31%. Next I will try to fly farther to 5000m.
Instead aluminum tape I used to can of beer in my opinion is stiffer and I connected the both antennas together.
I know that not looks well but it's my 1 prototype. Next should be better...
I am satisfied

Attachments

• 20150719_111342.jpg
    20150719_111342.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,079
  • 20150719_111407.jpg
    20150719_111407.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 740
  • 20150719_111352.jpg
    20150719_111352.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 759
Last edited:
I'm fro mEurope -CE...
Just made 5km flight without drops (had dropouts after 3km before), COOL

Reactions: PVFlyer
Hi Guys!!!
I flew 4,500m and still I had full range. I decided to come back because I wasn't sure about battery but when I came I still had 31%. Next I will try to fly farther to 5000m.
Instead aluminum tape I used to can of beer in my opinion is stiffer and I connected the both antennas together.
I am satisfied
The can of beer booster looks nice. Did you cut the can into 2 pieces or just fold it over?

I used only one can of beer cut in half and after that little bit more cut both sides to hold both antennas straight vertically. The can of beer is curve profiled and has smooth surface = better reflection.

I like the antenna boster made in David Wettlaufer. After correction look's professional. Maybe I buy one :)

Hi Guys!!!
I am satisfied

Nice a Cantenna setup :) very nice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing