Distance: N/A

Reaction score
I took off in a hurry the other day, trying to catch a double rainbow before it went away. I waited until the app told me that the drone had acquired 6 satellites, then took off and flew about 1,000 feet over a lake. I took some photos (see below), then decided to fly farther away. I checked the app display, and it said, "Distance: N/A". It had a correct/reasonable value for the height, but not for the distance.

A few seconds later, the "N/A" went away, replaced by "0 feet". I realized that the drone had just acquired a new home point, about 1,000 feet away from me, over a lake. I made a mental note: "Return to Home" is no good on this flight.

I took some more photos, and after one, the FPV didn't return. This has happened to me on occasion, and always goes away after I "Return to Home" and power-cycle the drone. But I can't "Return to Home" now! I was lucky in that I knew exactly where the drone was pointed, and I was able to fly it back and land it safely.

But I have added a new item to my pre-takeoff checklist: make sure that the app is displaying valid values for both distance and height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94