Disconnect Aircraft Message!!!

The .dat files are most certainly not correct. The .txt file may or not be. In any event, this flight was a low battery RTH not initiated by you. I saw no signal discrepancies whatsoever. I am posting the battery data and location to verify that this is the flight in question. The correct .dat file will give a better answer, but this was obviously low battery RTH.
Flight1.PNG

RTH.png

And you were correct in your statement, you did have full control for the entire flight. Unfortunately this data does not provide uplink and downlink signal strength, so I can't differentiate between the two, other than the uplink was there for the duration.
RC Controls.png

And you were correct in your statement, you did have full control for the entire flight. Unfortunately this data does not provide uplink and downlink signal strength, so I can't differentiate between the two, other than the uplink was there for the duration.View attachment 99448
Thx FlyDawg. This is def not the flight info from my flight on Sunday. Not even quite in the right area tbo. I will load more of the 5-27-18 logs here and see if they look more like my flight. I was def not low on battery at anytime when this disconnect in app happened. Good to know that I did not lose RC for sure though.

This is def not the flight info from my flight on Sunday.
That is why I asked to verify that. When you do upload these, use the link in Post#2 for the device .txt file and you can see the location and data for yourself. Some of it anyway, so you can link the correct one back here.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Here is the .txt file from the closest time stamp to my flights. It's still jibberish though. Not sure how to see my info in this file.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-27_[19-27-02].txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 398
Here are two more. And I figured out how to look at the .txt files in the viewer link you provided. Thx so much for that FlyDawg. It's been a while since I've had to do that. In fact two years almost. LOL. I looked at them and didn't see anything about the issue. Except it did say that downlink was restored toward 2/3 into the flight. Batteries were getting some orange colors which seemed to be cell deviation more than normal maybe. But I don't understand what that would have to do with an Aircraft Disconnected warning in app that is not really happening. Just losing downlink it seems to me.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-27_[20-07-16].txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 306
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-27_[20-35-53].txt
    2.2 MB · Views: 297
That is why I asked to verify that. When you do upload these, use the link in Post#2 for the device .txt file and you can see the location and data for yourself. Some of it anyway, so you can link the correct one back here.
And the info that you looked at was my first flight. The sattelite view was old so I didn't recongnize the area in the map pic. That was when they were building the Lincoln Tower Bridge over the river.

Reactions: Randy57
I haven’t gotten the disconnect messages but I always get the downward sensor error messages. Do you get those?

Except it did say that downlink was restored toward 2/3 into the flight. Batteries were getting some orange colors which seemed to be cell deviation more than normal maybe. But I don't understand what that would have to do with an Aircraft Disconnected warning in app that is not really happening. Just losing downlink it seems to me.
Only one of these flights revealed any sort of signal loss and this was downlink only. Below is a 3D GE representation that shows the loss and restore points. There were a few battery cell swings but they recovered. Other than a few GPS Mismatch errors ( Which usually don't pose an issue) , interference messages and Airspace warnings, there was really nothing else out of the ordinary. You can always look at the RC status light when you lose video feed to check RC connection.

Downlink Loss.PNG

Only one of these flights revealed any sort of signal loss and this was downlink only. Below is a 3D GE representation that shows the loss and restore points. There were a few battery cell swings but they recovered. Other than a few GPS Mismatch errors ( Which usually don't pose an issue) , interference messages and Airspace warnings, there was really nothing else out of the ordinary. You can always look at the RC status light when you lose video feed to check RC connection.

View attachment 99537
Thx for the help FlyDawg! I flew yesterday and had no issues at all. Lot closer on this flight but no issues. I just would like to know why the app is saying aircraft disconnected when it's only the downlink that has failed? I truly think it was an app issue with Ipad Air 2 device. I had to do weird questions before my app opened up yesterday. So maybe an ipad update has fixed the issue already. I think DJI is outgrowing the 2 year old Ipad Air's! LOL

View attachment 99537
I just looked at this last info and map you posted again FlyDawg. That is not the right flights either. That is from the Kentucky side an hour after I had flown on the Indiana side. I took off directly across the river from where this flight you posted took place. Its hard to tell looking at the map that is showing because it's a very old sattelite pic that does not even show the Lincoln Tower Bridge built yet. It's been done for 2-3 years now. LOL. Not sure why the top two files from that date are not showing us the right flight. Hmmm.

I just looked at this last info and map you posted again FlyDawg. That is not the right flights either. That is from the Kentucky side an hour after I had flown on the Indiana side. I took off directly across the river from where this flight you posted took place. Its hard to tell looking at the map that is showing because it's a very old sattelite pic that does not even show the Lincoln Tower Bridge built yet. It's been done for 2-3 years now. LOL. Not sure why the top two files from that date are not showing us the right flight. Hmmm.
Just a thought, how dirty was the channel you were on, were you on auto or custom, and were you on 2.4 or 5.8 because 800 feet out and a loss of signal or just telemetry since you had a clear view of the drone sounds like you had a lot of interference
Has anyone gotten an Aircraft Disconnected Banner and lost transmission signal at same time. Then I had transmission signal come back up and Disconnect Banner goes away? But while disconnected It never started return to home! Plus I never did lose control of the aircraft because it did commands even as it was saying it was disconnected! So I guess it didn't go into RTH because it was actually not disconnected. Could this be a lightning cable issue? Or maybe an Ipad Air 2 Issue. My app is updated as of a few days ago. I had this happen 3-4 times last Sunday while flying over Ohio River. The bird was never more than 800 feet away from me. And in location where I have never had any trouble before too.
Just a thought, how dirty was the channel you were on, were you on auto or custom, and were you on 2.4 or 5.8 because 800 feet out and a loss of signal or just telemetry since you had a clear view of the drone sounds like you had a lot of interference on the channel you were on.

Just a thought, how dirty was the channel you were on, were you on auto or custom, and were you on 2.4 or 5.8 because 800 feet out and a loss of signal or just telemetry since you had a clear view of the drone sounds like you had a lot of interference

Just a thought, how dirty was the channel you were on, were you on auto or custom, and were you on 2.4 or 5.8 because 800 feet out and a loss of signal or just telemetry since you had a clear view of the drone sounds like you had a lot of interference on the channel you were on.
I may have been on 5.8 Mike. But not sure. I will look at a lot of things if this happens again for sure. I def did not lose RC though. Flying today and we'll monitor it. I am leaning toward an app issue because Air 2 Pad is having trouble keeping up on transmission signals somehow. Just my thoughts.

I may have been on 5.8 Mike. But not sure. I will look at a lot of things if this happens again for sure. I def did not lose RC though. Flying today and we'll monitor it. I am leaning toward an app issue because Air 2 Pad is having trouble keeping up on transmission signals somehow. Just my thoughts.
It could be processor speed but I was running a Ipad mini 1 with no programs except what I needed and it worked pretty good, Green screen a few times ( processor speed ). I went to the Ipad 9.7 pro cellular and it seems to handle it well! I don't have the cellular hooked up I have it for the GPS. when I fly in a populated area I always check for clean channels be for take off and never leave controller on auto mode. Happy flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164