Discharging in case?

Reaction score
Hey all

I left my batteries in the backpack. They are there for 3 days already. Just remembered that discharge kicks in after 2 days. Is it ok to keep them in there while they are being discharged? Its a dji hardshell backpack.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the very same question. I don't yet have first hand experience, so I won't tell you what I don't know. However, I have read that the batteries discharge rather slowly. Which means not a lot of heat. I'm not too worried, but I think I will keep them out of the case until I have more experience with the process.

The batteries do not generate a lot of heat when auto discharging. They are in a more dangerous state when charging. While I used to always store my batteries in my Phantom cases (never had a problem), I now store them all in these LiPo bags. It's just a safety thing for me really. I'd rather take that extra step then be a victim of some rare battery tragedy. I'm using the word rare here since DJI batteries are not known to catch on fire.

Reactions: Numone
The batteries do not generate a lot of heat when auto discharging. They are in a more dangerous state when charging. While I used to always store my batteries in my Phantom cases (never had a problem), I now store them all in these LiPo bags. It's just a safety thing for me really. I'd rather take that extra step then be a victim of some rare battery tragedy. I'm using the word rare here since DJI batteries are not known to catch on fire.
Me too...

I think there is a reason they are called LiPo bags, and not NiCad bags, or NiMH bags, or...

I have had my p3s for over a year now and no problem leaving the batteries in the all the time. They are set to discharge to storage legal in 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl