Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Disappointed In Gimbal

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by FASTFJR, Nov 7, 2013.

1. FASTFJR

Long time lurker here

After owing version 1 of the Phantom I'm highly disappointed in the lack of at least a 2 axis gimbal on the new Vision. I don't understand how they can sell a 2 axis gimbal for the original and yet build a new one without.

I guess my hope is this time next year they'll have a 2 or 3 axis option for the Vision

2. Pull_Up

I think it's a different target market. A bit like people who bought the Phantom 1, stuck a GoPro on it and had fun. Then got into the videography side of it and started to look to upgrade to gimbals, etc. The Vision is aimed primarily at newcomers - the whole plug-and-play aspect of it is very attractive to this market. I wouldn't be surprised if DJI have some "pro" hardware additions in the pipeline just like they did with the Phantom 1, although retrofitting a multi-axis gimbal to the existing Vision camera might be a bit tricky...

3. natscape

Some guys over at RCG guess that DJI will be coming out with a Phantom 2 Vision Pro which will have an H3-2D or better gimbal.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

4. FASTFJR

Yea, I get the target I guess I just don't like the way its being offered up. Its not like they don't have an existing 2-3 axis gimbal. I would have paid another $200-$300 if they did. However its a real leap from the RC Toys Dragonfly I was flying 6-7 years ago with a wireless camera. Hopefully DJI has something in the pipeline for us non newcomers.

Cheers!

5. Gizmo3000

I agree, it's a bit unusual that they haven't yet announced/released a better Phantom targeting those who want to shoot with GoPro's and gimbals..

but by this time next MONTH there will/should be a Phantom II w/gimbal (or with a ability to attach a gimbal)available for sale.
    at least that's what they indicated back in September with this statement:

http://www.dji.com/a-special-promotion- ... e-phantom/

"Promotion Plan: New Promotion MAP will be valid from 9th, Sep, 2013. For end customers who bought a Phantom before 9th, Sep, 2013, DJI will provide a credit of USD 150. This credit can only be used to buy a Phantom II or a Phantom Vision, once they are released. The plan is to release the exciting Phantom II and Phantom Vision products in Nov, 2013 just before the Christmas."

6. FASTFJR

Thanks for the info. With all the issues I'm reading and hearing about I've decided to wait at least 3 months before I jump in again. Seem's like they have some bugs to work out........again

7. ginsonic

I am disappointed about 5.6 GHz RC. Look like Vision will remain limited to 300m because don't have another RC to upgrade. At least I can't find any 5.8 GHz RC on net.