Difficult to unscrew Phantom 3 camera protector

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone here has any tips on how to unscrew the phantom 3 camera lens protector? It's really difficult to unscrew and also not to spoil the gimbal.

Thanks.

Grip it as lightly as possible and rotate it counter-clockwise. If you're not able to grip it without squeezing it tightly, then try wrapping something rubber around it.

Ok, I shall try the recommended steps. Thank you for all your advises. I was concern the gimbal might come off or break the lens as I was gripping too hard and it still wouldn't loosen.

I used rubber washing up gloves, hold camera body in one hand and twist filter off with other worked really well.

You could try heating up carefully with a hairdryer to soften glue.

Reactions: Reed L
I used rubber washing up gloves, hold camera body in one hand and twist filter off with other worked really well.

You could try heating up carefully with a hairdryer to soften glue.
There is no glue involved. We are talking about the screw on UV filter that comes as standard on the Phantoms. It is quite difficult to unscrew the first time but it will come off.

This is a balancing act. You want enough friction to be able to apply torgue but you dont want to squeeze the ring as when it deforms it actually grabs the threads harder. Thats why the washing up gloves and rubber bands work. I have seen a dji servive centre tech take his shoe off and use the rubber sole. It worked....

Reactions: Nigel Yong
Grip it at the very edge of the lens - that's the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is no glue involved. We are talking about the screw on UV filter that comes as standard on the Phantoms. It is quite difficult to unscrew the first time but it will come off.

Mine definitely clicked first time it turned and never since so i figured they used some kind of adhesive or locking compound on the filter. Its not threadlock so I figured something else.

Thank you all for all the tips. I managed to unscrew the lens protector with ease using a rubber washing glove. :blush:

I don't have any filters yet, but have followed threads like this with interest, as I plan to get some.

I do have a small rubber $2 lens cap that fits snugly. As I was taking this off the other day, it began unscrewing the stock filter or whatever it's called! So I guess the light touch, rubber band/rubber glove advice is sound.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing