Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Difference Between GL300B And GL300C Controllers

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Eric1084, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Eric1084

I am just getting more, and more confused about the controller. After I received a defective unit the first time, and it fell out of the sky on first flight. They sent me a complete replacement. But I used to have the GL300C controller, and the replacement remote prints: GL300B. What is the difference between C and B? I am quite confused. Thanks. The difference is probably not big, and doesn't change anything, but I am just curious. Anyone knows?

2. Donald Johansen

Ditto wish I knew the difference as well.....

3. StevenQX

The B is better because have 20% more power.

4. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

It's not better. I have both B and C versions. Exactly the same.

5. StevenQX

[quote uid=21954 name="StevenQX" post=726401]Hi @GadgetGuy, first of all thanks for the report then a small question. I see that you have a lot of knoledge on p3 RC, could i ask you which model is the best one in terms of range of control and video stream? 300A or B?[/QUOTE]<br />GL300A and GL300B should be the same control power output, at .380 watts each.<br />GL300C is the worst, at 20% less, at .303 watts.<br />The video power output comes from the aircraft, and not the RC.<br />WM330A P4 is .598 watts, while the original W323 P3P is .746 watts.

This is the answer i had from gadgetguy about rc

6. TK P3A

My phantom came with a GL300B. The halves of the remote were separated and loose from the factory. The internal posts for the screws were broken before I ever took it apart.

When doing the DBS mod, the tip of the antenna plug broke off in the board and I had to replace the RC. I ordered a GL300C remote off ebay. The case and plastic screw posts were much better and were not broken out of the box. They didn't break when I installed DBS either. Past that the remote seems the same to me.

7. dirtybum

Nothing to be confused about! 999 out of 1000 flyers wont benefit from one over the other