Did anyone that ordered one on Day 1 receive a phone call from Hong Kong in the "E-Comm" division?

I ordered on day 1 and

• Did not get a call

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Did get a call

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I just got a call from a lady from DJI with a heavy Asian accent (barely spoke English) saying she was calling from Hong Kong which is 8:40am there at the moment just to "clarify my order" which I thought was strange.

I was told that I would get an e-mail and a similar type of call before it went out but she assured me it definitely won't be out before the 15th and that this phone call doesn't mean anything other than what she said it was. I ordered late in the day on the 1st so I figured maybe/maybe not on getting the first run. I think I will.

A lot of retailers think that the P4 is going to blow away the Typhoon H because unlike CES people, actual people look at price and $200 more the Typhoon H doesn't come with the RealSense avoidance at the $1700 price point. I am lucky to get one for free because I really want it (the Typhoon) but I am stoked to get the P4!!!

That woman calling me made me more excited. Did anyone else get that phone call? Thought it was weird.

I'd report that immediately to DJI then change your password on your DJI account!! That doesn't sound right at all. I ordered mine earlier today, didn't get any call as all details were mailed to me. Check your payment method!!

Are you sure it wasn't her sexy voice that got you excited?!! ;-)

I'd report that immediately to DJI then change your password on your DJI account!! That doesn't sound right at all. I ordered mine earlier today, didn't get any call as all details were mailed to me. Check your payment method!!

Are you sure it wasn't her sexy voice that got you excited?!! ;-)
It was a sexy voice as I have a thing for Asian women but she didn't ask me anything strange. The most personal thing she asked me about was my email address and come to think of it, she did ask my mailing address but she also said (and knew because they do do this) is tell me that right before it gets mailed out, I will get an email.

Strange that I would be he only one that got that call here. Maybe I should call DJI and ask if they would do that.

I'll check.

Thanks for the thought.

No call. I received a pair of emails about 8 hours after purchasing confirming that my payments had been approved.

The amount and/or payee did cause my credit card to decline the charge. I called and then it went right through.

No call. I received a pair of emails about 8 hours after purchasing confirming that my payments had been approved.

The amount and/or payee did cause my credit card to decline the charge. I called and then it went right through.

No call for me, but I ordered within minutes of the start of pre-orders.
I got an email confirmation within 5 minutes

I was told if you got that email, you are set.

I figured there was no way I made the first wave so I didn't even check and I actually did take a look today but you know how you have to hit "All Mail" and then it shows everything. I just had a chat with one of those chat people (a really beautiful girl from China, so hot), and she told me if you got the call and the e-mail, that you'll get the first wave. It's so funny how we are dying to get what will definitely be the version that nobody will eventually want. Ha.

I WANT IT NOW THOUGH!

So excited. So I have the e-mail. Now, extra battery time. I would assume, less than half the people that have ordered, ordered an extra battery.

Thanks for the info dude. Now I know I will get it. I will have the Yuneec Tornado with the CGO4 (Panasonic GH4), the Typhoon H, and the P4 within 2 weeks of each other. I might just lose my mind!!!!

I just got a call from a lady from DJI with a heavy Asian accent (barely spoke English) saying she was calling from Hong Kong which is 8:40am there at the moment just to "clarify my order" which I thought was strange.
I don't know why some people get a call and others do not, but this has happened to others when ordering for the first time from DJI.

Reactions: Jussaguy
It may depend on what type of payment was used. applied at purchase, either PayPal of Credit card.
I think that credit cards have to be verified, whereas PayPal requires shipment to a verified PayPal address, which helps to prevent fraud

No call here, no call when I ordered the P3 last year, strange. But I did get an email right afire ordering with my orde # etc.

I don't know why some people get a call and others do not, but this has happened to others when ordering for the first time from DJI.
Maybe that's what it is. I've never ordered from DJI before nor would I unless I had to.

The P4 is the first DJI product I ever ordered on day 1. I am almost certain I will pay the price for it but there is no way I cannot wait.

Honestly, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't modular before buying it. Like the H will not come with avoidance at $1799. WTF?!? I mean it should come with a platter from a hottie in a limo for that price when it gets 91 meters of distance and no avoidance.

i ordered on apple.com because it will create 1 less step when registering the drone with a proof of purchase from a US based company. They also don't fully charge your card until the order ships unlike DJI.
I thought about ordering from Apple, but someone told me why I shouldn't...$126

That's how much the sales tax for it is here in California and since DJI has headquarters in NY, SoCal, San Fran, basically a million places that people will be ordering from, they wisely decided to EAT the cost of the sales tax in those places so if I ordered from apple my total cost would be nearly the same if I ordered from DJI with an extra battery. By the way, they are all coming from China as you know and since there are multiple head-quarters here in the US now, there will be no issue registering. It would be the same as registering a Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, etc.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-02%20at%207.59.43%20PM_zpswhv4mfcd.jpg

And from DJI...READ THE BOTTOM

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-02%20at%208.00.50%20PM_zpsrd02kjtt.jpg

Which price would you rather have? Also, who do you think DJI is going to take care of first? I actually don't know. They will probably anticipate and be able to roll out a huge first wave and take care of everyone that orders one even now or probably up to a week before. Maybe they can use Apple's Chinese workers.

who do you think DJI is going to take care of first?
When DJI sent out the first P3 shipments, many people received them before many dealers received their first shipments. If they do the same, people will probably be receiving shipments from DJI as Apple starts shipping them out. Anything is possible, but it's not DJI's style to send their entire initial stock to one seller.

You send it back to DJI.

When DJI sent out the first P3 shipments, many people received them before many dealers received their first shipments. If they do the same, people will probably be receiving shipments from DJI as Apple starts shipping them out. Anything is possible, but it's not DJI's style to send their entire initial stock to one seller.
I just called my friend who knows A LOT about Apple. He is a regional manager of 4 stores in SoCal and I just called him. They will start getting them on the 10th (but you had to pay for the expedited shipping for that) and shipping them or letting people pick them up then. For that reason, I am going to try and get the order from Apple and see if he can match the price at DJI as shown above.

The reason in RED on my post that it says "California Sales Tax Included" is because they remove tax, they literally have to eat the $126. So anywhere where DJI has a physical presence in the US, they have to lower the price to eat the tax. I told Apple they are gonna lose a lot of sales as I go tell this to the world for people that don't want to spend $126 for no reason but the chat dummy was only able to repeat "we are not allowed to not charge tax, its not legal", and I said "I understand but you can lower the price like DJI did". Anyhow my friend says he can get it priced down for me tomorrow and he said he can hold one of the March 10th ones for me. So, it looks like I might be only a week and a day away if what he says is right be he wasn't sure.

PLEASE GOD! :)

I have gear lust like an 16 year old boy has over a Tropicana girl.

The good news is, is that there are definitely some in inventory at stores as we speak and there will be thousands of them in a week!!!!

FTR, I heard Best Buy is PISSED because they are left with a TON of P3s. They over estimated how many they would sell over Christmas. When I went to buy my second P3P that I brought back, I was first given one with the motors from before they changed them on Oct 29th to give you an idea. I considered keeping it for the remote. I should have checked. Either way, they have it back now.

I was told if you got that email, you are set.

I figured there was no way I made the first wave so I didn't even check and I actually did take a look today but you know how you have to hit "All Mail" and then it shows everything. I just had a chat with one of those chat people (a really beautiful girl from China, so hot), and she told me if you got the call and the e-mail, that you'll get the first wave. It's so funny how we are dying to get what will definitely be the version that nobody will eventually want. Ha.

I WANT IT NOW THOUGH!

So excited. So I have the e-mail. Now, extra battery time. I would assume, less than half the people that have ordered, ordered an extra battery.

Thanks for the info dude. Now I know I will get it. I will have the Yuneec Tornado with the CGO4 (Panasonic GH4), the Typhoon H, and the P4 within 2 weeks of each other. I might just lose my mind!!!!

Yes.. I ordered the extra battery along with the Phantom. DJI state that if you wish to receive all items in ONE shipment, all required items should be part of the SAME order.

Yes.. I ordered the extra battery along with the Phantom. DJI state that if you wish to receive all items in ONE shipment, all required items should be part of the SAME order.
I was told, and I hope you make it is to not order an extra bat with the same order as your P4. In other words, if your bird is ready and your battery is not, they will hold your bird for your battery and that would suck.

I ordered my bat right after ordering my bird then I will get separate orders for sure. The batteries are actually harder on the production line to make. There will at first be a shortage of batteries I think, but hope not.

I ordered my 4K they did the same thing they called me to verify order I think it's smart and he gave me peace of mind that I knew that it was on its way once it's on its way and only took three days

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl