Did anyone retrofit the p3 backpack to for the p4?

Reaction score
I am wondering if this has been done successfully and easily. So far I know the leg cavities have to be enlarged. What about the motives? Is there enough clearance on the top?

Yes.
I had to cut extra width for the landing gear, and also widen the space for the Gimbal protector. This was the most difficult part as there is quite a bit to cut out.
I also cut the two seperators out of the battery space and can fit 3 P4 batteries there.
I did lower the area under the motors at the top of the bag. You dont "need" to, but I just felt like it needed just a smidge more space.
All works great.

Yes.
I had to cut extra width for the landing gear, and also widen the space for the Gimbal protector. This was the most difficult part as there is quite a bit to cut out.
I also cut the two seperators out of the battery space and can fit 3 P4 batteries there.
I did lower the area under the motors at the top of the bag. You dont "need" to, but I just felt like it needed just a smidge more space.
All works great.
Can you post pics? Also, how did you cut the foam for the legs? It's rough.. I've had issues with it to the point of giving up..

Can you post pics? Also, how did you cut the foam for the legs? It's rough.. I've had issues with it to the point of giving up..

Yeh, Ill have to post hem in the morning. Im on the road currently.
I heated up a box cutter blade with a propane torch and sliced right through it.
The down side is that it does make the foam a little harder where it has melted...

Yeh, Ill have to post hem in the morning. Im on the road currently.
I heated up a box cutter blade with a propane torch and sliced right through it.
The down side is that it does make the foam a little harder where it has melted...
I did that with a heated long screwdriver..! Ha.

I stopped after realizing I was pushing the legs in and was afraid I would damage them.. Then I thought f-it, just cut those partitions but that made me sad.. So I stopped defeated.

Your pictures will be a great help to know how much to cut. Mine also got hardened and a little scratchy.. But I think we can resolve that with some fine sandpaper.

Some fine tunning left but I did it.

I haven't seen a better compact case for the p4 than this one. Prove me wrong!

Also fits my 8" tablet in the side slot.

Attachments

• 1465847771398.jpg
    1465847771398.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 284

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl