Dedicated tablet for DJI P3A

Put simply - Android is for a more advanced user (you must enjoy working with it :D and its all gonna be OK). Apple is more stable and as a bonus its a fashion accessory :D:D:D

I would go for android. You wouldnt buy a drone if you wouldnt be willing to learn a thing or two right? :)

Reactions: Allclear
Reactions: Mike Mauk
With all the 3rd part apps out there blowing out amazing capabilities of the P3. I would stick with iOs! Oh wait.. iOS has nothing... I meant to say Android!

Reactions: trigon
Coming from someone who hates the iOS experience with every fiber of my being, I had a better experience when I bought an iPad Air 2 than when I used a Nexus 9 or Note 3/4.

Maybe my results were anecdotal but I've read reports of similar experiences. Sure there are people who've used Android tablets/phones with some success but personally, I had ZERO issues with the iPad Air 2 while the Android devices I've used all had FPV stuttering problems.

Reactions: Alien Technology
Ipad Mini with retina, not only is it the perfect size on the controller its great for around the house too. basically think laying on the couch and the device is above your head and doesn't weigh a ton. i have owned both the regular Ipad and the mini as well. Mini wins.

I have a dedicated iPad Mini 2 and it just works. No problems at all. I would thoroughly recommend one. It's totally stable. I also have an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air. The Air is a little big. The 6+ is very useful as a back up.

Reactions: phantomf9
Every single thread I've seen on this boils down to android = crashes, lag, video problems and poor performance. iOS = smooth, strong, quality performance and almost never crashes.

I've never once experienced an app crash on either iphone 6 or iPad Air. However, if I were buying a tablet JUST for the P3, I'd seriously consider an iPad mini over a full sized one. The air just barely fits and has to be removed from its case. And on the plastic tablet holder, it's a little bit wobbly (need to invest in the metal inspire holder I know). I think the mini would be the perfect compromise for screen size and weight.

So i checked my cell carrier and i can get 2 tablets at prolongation of my contract.

Samsung galaxy tab 4 LTE 10 " or Ipad Air 2. Im still not sure, is it better to take Android because of future litichi app?

I have also read alot of complaints on Galaxy tab and DJI app...

iPad Air 2 is hands down currently the best device to run this on. As a secondary option go for an iPad Mini 2, don't bother with the 3 as its same specs as the 2.

On the android front I hear the Nexus 9 and Nvidia Shields work well enough

iPad Air 2 is rock solid, never had an issue, and offers some additional enhancements over Android versions. (Speedo style speed and climb gauges).
I use my IPad Air 2 for lots of other things too and it's a bit heavy and wobbly on my RC, so bought a dedicated Samsung Tab A 8". Don't want to get any instability and any other issues from upgrades and other apps that I might be tempted to instal on the iPad.
Perfect size, and have had no problems with stability or lag on 15 minute flights and display is quite bright. 4:3 aspect ratio of the screen is good with telemetry data on top and bottom of the screen is in the black band area of the display of the 16:9 video feed.
Bonus, real cheap too!
Samsung Tab 3 Lite is a waste of time. Freezes video feed after 4-5 minutes flying.

iPad Air 2 is rock solid, never had an issue, and offers some additional enhancements over Android versions. (Speedo style speed and climb gauges).
I use my IPad Air 2 for lots of other things too and it's a bit heavy and wobbly on my RC, so bought a dedicated Samsung Tab A 8". Don't want to get any instability and any other issues from upgrades and other apps that I might be tempted to instal on the iPad.
Perfect size, and have had no problems with stability or lag on 15 minute flights and display is quite bright. 4:3 aspect ratio of the screen is good with telemetry data on top and bottom of the screen is in the black band area of the display of the 16:9 video feed.
Bonus, real cheap too!
Samsung Tab 3 Lite is a waste of time. Freezes video feed after 4-5 minutes flying.

Get an Inspire 1 device holder it will fit on the Phantom 3 remote and your full size tablet will be more stable as its metal not plastic for the main anchor / bar.

Coming from someone who hates the iOS experience with every fiber of my being, I had a better experience when I bought an iPad Air 2 than when I used a Nexus 9 or Note 3/4.

Maybe my results were anecdotal but I've read reports of similar experiences. Sure there are people who've used Android tablets/phones with some success but personally, I had ZERO issues with the iPad Air 2 while the Android devices I've used all had FPV stuttering problems.
Im right there with ya! Even though almost all of my Android devices work fine, Im glad I bought my iPad Air 2. It does seriously need a shade, and even with it its impossible to fly with shades ON because you cant see the screen.

Im right there with ya! Even though almost all of my Android devices work fine, Im glad I bought my iPad Air 2. It does seriously need a shade, and even with it its impossible to fly with shades ON because you cant see the screen.

Yes, I can't use it without my shade. It's horrible without it.

I own a couple of Apple products, an aging iPad 4 (sadly incompatible with the app) and an iPhone 6+. Yet I got a Google Nexus 7 (http://amzn.to/1E8tCCt) specifically for use with my P3.

Overall the Nexus has worked well with the Phantom. The screen is a nice size, and the Nexus cost less than half of what a comparable iPad Mini with cellular GPS would have cost.

As a general use tablet, the Android OS still leaves me cold. But for the dedicated purpose of flying a P3, it's great.

Reactions: Daptone and dlbyers
I own a couple of Apple products, an aging iPad 4 (sadly incompatible with the app) and an iPhone 6+. Yet I got a Google Nexus 7 (http://amzn.to/1E8tCCt) specifically for use with my P3.

Overall the Nexus has worked well with the Phantom. The screen is a nice size, and the Nexus cost less than half of what a comparable iPad Mini with cellular GPS would have cost.

As a general use tablet, the Android OS still leaves me cold. But for the dedicated purpose of flying a P3, it's great.
People just dont know what to look for when shopping. I think I paid $259 for my iPad Air 2 16 gig cellular.
Open Box BABY!! Still had the protective plastic on it!

People just dont know what to look for when shopping. I think I paid $259 for my iPad Air 2 16 gig cellular.
Open Box BABY!! Still had the protective plastic on it!

Sounds like you got extremely lucky. I'd pick that up in a heart beat.

It was labeled at $400 something.. but the prices are supposed to be updated weekly. So I told the guy to fix the price. Told him I would take it if he could get it to me for less than $300. He comes back at $259.. Cant beat that! You have to know the stores policies and you always win.

what is the difference between the ipad air and the ipad air2 I did a search and only see the camera is different and also 100 dollars as well. I bought the ipad mini 2 but think now I want a bigger screen

I ditched the mini 2 I HAD bought because I got screwed by the crap apple did by removing GPS from the non cellular tablets. The screen size is an AMAZING change!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart