Dead batteries

Reaction score
2 of my 3 p4 batteries are dead no life in them they have been idle for 8 months can i get them back into life??? Thank in advance

That's weird, my controller went bad so I didn't fly for about a year or so. I only charged my battery once in that time period. I just got a new controller a couple weeks ago and after a few cycles my battery is around 95%. Still even across each cell.

They wont charge no lights no nothing im taking them apart today to see if i can get a bit of life into them

They wont charge no lights no nothing im taking them apart today to see if i can get a bit of life into them
How long have you left the battery on the charger?
I read somewhere that you can connect to the charger and leave it on for a good while before you see any charging activity.

Ive got life into 1 but it cuts out now 2 3 seconds after i start charging

Warning! When trying to bring them back to life watch carefully for swelling. If you notice it at all. Stop! You're working with some tricky stuff that's not usually successful so just be careful. You may have to leave it on the charger for many hours but not overnight where it cannot be observed. Good luck

Use only OEM charger.

Ive got life into 1 but it cuts out now 2 3 seconds after i start charging

Just went through that with one of my batteries too and tried everything including taking it apart and charging the batteries separately.....like Bones used to say "He's Dead Jim". Ended up buying new. Started a thread on batteries on eBay. Beware...... I found buy new and get that piece of mind.

I have a P4 that was only flown 4 times before it went into storage for 3 years. All 3 of my batteries have the exact same symptoms: Touch the button once - 1 LED. Attempt to turn on - won't turn on, but all lights come on briefly. Do the 5-seconds down battery life check - all LEDs. Put it on charger - LED 1 flashes fast with Button light on, then both lights off for a few seconds, repeat. I've tried this for hours with all 3 batteries, no change.

From this thread, and others like it I've researched, it seems that they're all so depleted that there's nothing I can do, but buy new batteries? Seems odd that they'd all be doing the same thing and there's no hope for any of them...

Thanks,

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT