Dbsmods.com is absolutely the best in long range antennas

What are them tabs or something called to fill in the hole left after removing stcok antennas from there place? What size?

Also if anyone wants to know what size drill bit, its a 6mm drill bit.

Glad you worked things out. Your new remote paired 'ok' with your bird?

Reactions: D4T_PoM
Lol I have already done the install and now need to blank the holes of the stock antennas.

Also where can I buy better cable that plugs into the panel?

The cables supplied are good but seem a bit too light.

The cables are light but work ok. For a cleaner install try these - they are rock hard and will hold your antenna panel in place without the bracket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25177581874...49&var=550700940017&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

If you want the silver thick or thin cable give Will a shout and he will make the correct length with the correct fractions of the wavelength.

Flew first flight last night with the dbs mod and doubled my distance. 3000ft stock now 6000ft. This is a heavily wooded area at 400ft altitude. I have flown this route probably 10 times stock. Super excited to take it out to open area this weekend.

The cables are light but work ok. For a cleaner install try these - they are rock hard and will hold your antenna panel in place without the bracket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25177581874...49&var=550700940017&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

If you want the silver thick or thin cable give Will a shout and he will make the correct length with the correct fractions of the wavelength.

Will give it a go and also speak to Will.

Thanks a lot Mohan.

I may have to get your contact details as you seem to be an asset when it comes to the dji quads.

Thanks again Mohan

Flew first flight last night with the dbs mod and doubled my distance. 3000ft stock now 6000ft. This is a heavily wooded area at 400ft altitude. I have flown this route probably 10 times stock. Super excited to take it out to open area this weekend.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: tgarcia
Want to send him a message via 'contact info' tab, do I send it to sales or support?

Also anyone else can answer my below question.

How do I pair another controller and would I need to always pair them before each flight?

Once a controller is paired it remains paired. You only have to redo the pairing process if changing controllers.

Last edited:
Thanks
I don't make it out far enough to get the RTH signal
I loose my connection and she turns around.
My best flight yet is 5513ft and that is round trip.
including me cancelling the RTH and exploring other areas.
My longest recorded flight is 16 min. I'm not getting anything close to the 23-25min I've seen people talk about.
But like I said I'm new at this so I'm still trying to figure it all out.
I f n love my P3 and can't wait to hit the mountains here in AZ

I can get to about 16 minutes or so and return with 25-28% battery. I don't like to push it much below that. I only did a range test once but my longest distance is 3100' before losing signal, altitude around 200' with many trees in between. I will fly the same route in a week or so when I have mine all modded up and report back.

P3 Advance I like to hear more about the DBSMODE real users. Experience any issues ?

I really have not pushed mine yet. But flying out of a hole about 50 to 100' below the average terrain around me I fly 3 miles without issues. I have no doubt that 4 is quite easy in my environment.

Really nice mount. Probably the best in the industry.

Just installed my itelite dbs flat panel antenna and tried it out this past Sunday... this was one of my 2 good runs. The furthest run I did was 6202ft before RH feature was activated which was done right after this one but I was running DJI vision app and it didn't record flight data or video.. I usually use litchi app. I have to say I saw a huge improvement. By my house which is a very wifi congested area I was getting 400 to 500ft on a good day. Now after installing flat panel I'm getting 1800 to 2000ft. Very happy with my purchase. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251775818749?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=550700940017&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251775818749?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=550700940017&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have two heroes currently.

1) Zoolander and 2) Mohan for that 10mile run. What the... Either way v impressive.

Anyway, Mohan would appreciate if you could let us know who Will is? Also, has anyone done tests on the eBay cables mentioned on improved range (if so 6 inches or 4 inches for the DBS mods on the P3P)?

Thanks!

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I have two heroes currently.

1) Zoolander and 2) Mohan for that 10mile run. What the... Either way v impressive.

Anyway, Mohan would appreciate if you could let us know who Will is? Also, has anyone done tests on the eBay cables mentioned on improved range (if so 6 inches or 4 inches for the DBS mods on the P3P)?

Thanks!

The 4/6 inch cables are excellent quality. A bit too thick for my personal preference but they are really well made. The price is so reasonable.

Will is from Horizon antennas - he can help you with DBS antennas if you are outside North America (I would suggest you go straight to DBS if you are closer to N America)

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/phantom-version-3/

he can help you with the Silver cables as well as he custom makes everything. Since this thread is about DBS mods I will simply mention him as a seller. There are other perfectly excellent antennas out there - just check the threads on phantom pilots. Will has been very helpful to me. I am not a vendor - I simply love the excitement around RC / UAV technology

Reactions: turkminator
Spoke to Will from Horizon, he said if I ordered in the next 20 minutes he can have it delivered for tomorrow.

Ordered.

Thank you Mohan for the help and guiding me to a UK retailer, just saved me time and money.
Hi Mohan, can you please let me know where I can do the DBS mod in the UK please?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart