Dbsmods.com is absolutely the best in long range antennas

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with the amazing results I'm getting from the dbs itelite antenna. I still can't believe it was only 100 dollars for the antenna. The range is maxed out because of battery limits . Three to four miles no problem just depends on your nerves. Peace mind knowing my signal will be solid just about any where I fly. Amazing

This is only for the phantom 2, right?

One problem with that mod is fitting the controller into my backpack and hardcase. I have an ST10 controller (Q500+) with the FPVLR.com antenna. It's big a doesn't fit in the case anymore. Removing the antenna is a hassle, not to mention the controller count accidentally be turned on without the antenna, which can blow the RF amps inside.

Reactions: The English Guy
It looks like you have to open up the controller and install a pair of SMA connectors. You don't use the existing antenna connections, correct? Did you do the SMA connector install yourself?

I want a set, but I'm not technically savvy, I can Jumpstart a car, change a tire, and jailbreak my cell...is this mod doable for the likes of me or do I need to cough up the $100 to have them do it?
I have never soldered.

Reactions: S5S5G6
Easy install. No soldering. He has a step by step video. I have only ran mine out to 14000 feet

Mine is on it's way! I can't wait, yesterday I had my P3A out at 6309', but there is this one area I want to fly into that for some reason the signal just drops out at about 2300', weird, I live in the sticks, but this one area.......

It's very clean and compact and fits in any case !!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1438639709870.jpg
    FB_IMG_1438639709870.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,760
  • 20150801_165850.jpg
    20150801_165850.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,883
I want a set, but I'm not technically savvy, I can Jumpstart a car, change a tire, and jailbreak my cell...is this mod doable for the likes of me or do I need to cough up the $100 to have them do it?
I have never soldered.
I had chuck at dbs go ahead and do my mod . I didn't want to mess with a 500 dollar controller . He does awesome work , well worth the 100 bucks .

Reactions: Tricky
Where did you get the caps for the holes left by the original antenna?

(oops didn't see the part where you had them do it... sorry)
Chuck from dbs did the mod for me. It's the little things like that , that made me decide to have him do it for me.

Chuck from dbs did the mod for me. It's the little things like that , that made me decide to have him do it for me.
I'll have to email him to ask, the video isn't very specific and those really look nice, enjoy your flights, I'd be interested to hear what distances you get.

I'll have to email him to ask, the video isn't very specific and those really look nice, enjoy your flights, I'd be interested to hear what distances you get.
I just got 3 miles but I had full bars but I chickened out and turned around with 63% and returned with 27% so there's plenty more distance there I just need to get my nerve up to go further. Lol

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
NICE-- post some flight results with the video if you have some time--

-- got mine in-- planning on installing this week, if the HDMI board ever gets here-- wanted to do both at once.

I just got 3 miles but I had full bars but I chickened out and turned around with 63% and returned with 27% so there's plenty more distance there I just need to get my nerve up to go further. Lol
Yeah, I'm a new flyer and going just over a mile my nerves were tweaking a little. I could see someone getting into real trouble though if they don't account for headwind..

Reactions: BenDronePilot
Yeah, I'm a new flyer and going just over a mile my nerves were tweaking a little. I could see someone getting into real trouble though if they don't account for headwind..
Yeah its been a slow process slowly moving out. But it's a good adrenaline rush though and the sound when you hear it getting closer. A lot a guts fly in atti mode because it's apparently faster but I still just fly in GPS and use the RTH to get back . I like being able to speed it up on the return flight which you couldn't do with the p2v+. I'd much rather be overly cautious .

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1