Dbsmods.com is absolutely the best in long range antennas

I got one off the classified section that is already connected to a new controller. Should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.

Does the word "efficiency" mean:
  • SWR
  • Return Loss

Tony... I installed your 2.4ghz Dipoles on my P2V+ (my camera-worker-drone).

They do improve distance until the 640 video starts to lag. I'm guessing about 20% more distance.

My thing is flying at ground level as far as it will go. Your dipoles got me out to 1.2 miles at ground level (6 to 10 feet or lower the whole way out).

PERHAPS circular polarity might be of benefit when I fly my worker-drone a mile out down between buildings always at ground level.

I'm too busy right now to compare-test circular and linear under the above conditions.

HOWEVER... I have a few more REDbird tanGO 5.8ghz RC repeater devices that can be sent out as a loaner to a motivated and qualified individual to test.

REDbirdRF.com

A simpler install would be to drill out the caps, install the antenna Female connectors in them with JB Weld or Gorilla glue Epoxy etc. and then you won't have to drill any holes. it can still be taken apart since the wires will be long enough.

That's what i'm doing on mine.

Denny

I watched a $109 dbsmods.com system which appears to be a sweet setup fly the FULL distance of there and back on a fully charged battery down to the last few % charge remaining. This was done without losing all reception on either TX or Video side.
It also had a wide signal range that did not require it to be clamped down on a tri-pod for a tight direct signal beam.
I have noticed everyone who has bought the dbsmods.com antenna has been extremely happy with the results. So regardless how others systems perform, why even consider anything else when the $109 setup get's it done. Kind of pointless when the $109 can clearly do round trips on a full battery.

I watched a $109 dbsmods.com system which appears to be a sweet setup fly the FULL distance of there and back on a fully charged battery down to the last few % charge remaining. This was done without losing all reception on either TX or Video side.
It also had a wide signal range that did not require it to be clamped down on a tri-pod for a tight direct signal beam.
I have noticed everyone who has bought the dbsmods.com antenna has been extremely happy with the results. So regardless how others systems perform, why even consider anything else when the $109 setup get's it done. Kind of pointless when the $109 can clearly do round trips on a full battery.
we tested the Itelite here in the UK , we took the P3 out to 5 miles and back , also the inspire as well,
but with our longest range we needed more gain , so switch the the Horizon ~ELRS array , this took the P3 out to nearly 10 miles and signal right down to the ground the other end, here is the video

Reactions: bimmy
9.5 miles looks good! :cool:

we tested the Itelite here in the UK , we took the P3 out to 5 miles and back , also the inspire as well,
but with our longest range we needed more gain , so switch the the Horizon ~ELRS array , this took the P3 out to nearly 10 miles and signal right down to the ground the other end, here is the video

Great video. Makes my 30,000' DBS run (stock battery) look pretty bad !

One problem with that mod is fitting the controller into my backpack and hardcase. I have an ST10 controller (Q500+) with the FPVLR.com antenna. It's big a doesn't fit in the case anymore. Removing the antenna is a hassle, not to mention the controller count accidentally be turned on without the antenna, which can blow the RF amps inside.
the mod has a spring loaded clamp and the cables can be unscrewed --- shouldn't be an issue taking in off and fitting it in the backpack.

I couldn't be happier with the amazing results I'm getting from the dbs itelite antenna. I still can't believe it was only 100 dollars for the antenna. The range is maxed out because of battery limits . Three to four miles no problem just depends on your nerves. Peace mind knowing my signal will be solid just about any where I fly. Amazing
I'm new to the phantom family, so new that I can't figure out how to post on this thread lol.
I'm jealous as hell cause honestly I lose connection with my phantom around 2400ft and I've re-positioned my antennas every which way possible.
the numbers I'm seeing on this thread for distence are mind blowing lol
just don't see how that's even possible!!

I'm new to the phantom family, so new that I can't figure out how to post on this thread lol.
I'm jealous as hell cause honestly I lose connection with my phantom around 2400ft and I've re-positioned my antennas every which way possible.
the numbers I'm seeing on this thread for distence are mind blowing lol
just don't see how that's even possible!!

2400ft is pretty much on the money if flying above housing additions, apartment complex, or similar type congestion. These super flights take place in the desert, off mountain area, a long beach, flat fields, ect.

You can at a minimum triple your distance by using what is called the WindSurfer with a cost of only around $25. It's actually what I currently use. I have not tested the distance limit on my WindSurfer yet, but I did watch a video of one being used and the guy went 15,000ft and the gauge display meters never lost any of the bars. He turned around due to smart battery letting him know to go home now with the amount he had remaining in his battery.

You have to ignore the battery RTH warning if you want to make real long range distance. 15000ft is still not an accurate assessment of the windsurfer toys. I know guys who go 24000+ft with fpvlrs, I'm yet to see anything like that with the windsurfer thing.

Reactions: biggin
2400ft is pretty much on the money if flying above housing additions, apartment complex, or similar type congestion. These super flights take place in the desert, off mountain area, a long beach, flat fields, ect.

You can at a minimum triple your distance by using what is called the WindSurfer with a cost of only around $25. It's actually what I currently use. I have not tested the distance limit on my WindSurfer yet, but I did watch a video of one being used and the guy went 15,000ft and the gauge display meters never lost any of the bars. He turned around due to smart battery letting him know to go home now with the amount he had remaining in his battery.
That's not true at all. I take off from the backside of my neighborhood all the time and I'm always able to maintain strong control and video signsls. DBS itelite antenna has great penetration in fact. It sounds like you don't even have a DBS itelite antenna for your p3. It's best to only speak from personal experience, otherwise misinformation gets past around.

You have to ignore the battery RTH warning if you want to make real long range distance. 15000ft is still not an accurate assessment of the windsurfer toys. I know guys who go 24000+ft with fpvlrs, I'm yet to see anything like that with the windsurfer thing.
I guess I didn't state it properly. I said 15,000ft. but should have said 15,000ft out not round trip. The video I referenced wasn't a flight distance type video. He was on his way to look for a house up on a hill that had reflective windows. He said a couple of times each year the house would send a glare towards his house. He said it was between 2-3 miles from his house and he wanted to see which one it was. The distance wasn't brought up until he turned due to the go home warning sounding.

That's not true at all. I take off from the backside of my neighborhood all the time and I'm always able to maintain strong control and video signsls. DBS itelite antenna has great penetration in fact. It sounds like you don't even have a DBS itelite antenna for your p3. It's best to only speak from personal experience, otherwise misinformation gets past around.
I have no idea what you are talking about. What you quoted I spoke of the WindSurfers cost, and a video had recently watched. No mention of DBS itelite antenna whatsoever. No need to be telling me how to speak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4