DBS mods ITelite bad install or what?

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help here. I bought a brand new p3p two weeks ago and never tested it until today. Before I even fly it once, I sent my controller to DBS mods to install the ITelite. When I flew it today the maximum distance I reached was 6000 feet at 200 alt and then I started to lose RC and video connection. Did the installer not hook up something correctly inside the controller or did I do something wrong? Help please!!

Hey guys need some help here. I bought a brand new p3p two weeks ago and never tested it until today. Before I even fly it once, I sent my controller to DBS mods to install the ITelite. When I flew it today the maximum distance I reached was 6000 feet at 200 alt and then I started to lose RC and video connection. Did the installer not hook up something correctly inside the controller or did I do something wrong? Help please!!
What were the conditions -- where were you flying-- the Mod will easily do two to three miles, however, if you have a lot of interference or obstructions where you don't have good LOS, then 6000 feet is pretty decent. Did you get a video?

6000' at 200' of altitude is pretty good. Run it up to 400' and youll get more range. And, of course, range is dependent on your location, terrain, weather, etc.

I was is an open area with a clear LOS I had video up to 6000 feet distance then I started to lose both

If the install was bad for some reason, let's say a cable was not hooked up correctly or at all, then I wouldn't be able to even go 10 feet even right?

I was is an open area with a clear LOS I had video up to 6000 feet distance then I started to lose both
Could have been interference-- you had good signal when you left, but that can change drastically in a mile, and you could be flying through and area with a lot of radio signal interference.
What kind of device are you running, Android or IOS and what was the outside temperature, and were you standing in direct sunlight?
I run IOS Ipad 3 and in the direct sunlight with temps above 90 degrees the Ipad will heat up to about 120 degrees F and start flickering and dropping signal... I fly in my truck much of the time when I cant get in the shade and that solves that issue. I get good range, right thru the windshield with the DBS Mod.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
If the install was bad for some reason, let's say a cable was not hooked up correctly or at all, then I wouldn't be able to even go 10 feet even right?
There is nothing wrong with the install if you got out 6000 ft

Reactions: AirMan
It's also more directional, so you have to aim it better at the bird. If you lose signal, move the controller around a bit making sure the flat part of the panel is pointing directly at your bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl