DBS mods ITelite bad install or what?

Just awesome man how much juice did you have left in the battery when you landed?I'v gone over 5100mtrs and am gonna break the 6km asap.

100% Battery on Takeoff
Max speed going out ~22-25mph

Turned around at 46% battery remaining
Max speed coming back ~37-40mph
Landed with 10% battery life

You absolutely must get a good idea of the head and tail winds with a battery or two before doing it this way. Even then there is a risk, winds are unpredictable.

This isn't something I'll be doing regularly. I wanted to see if I could push the battery to the limit and figure what distance I could get. ~4 miles seems to be the battery limit.

Remember @ 10% battery your P3 will start to autoland wherever it is. So I cut it very very close. I was overhead at my home location at 11% battery. My knees were shaking the whole way back though.

Last edited:
Flying in ATTI allows more speed right? what happens if you lose RC signal in ATTI mode?

ATTI mode is no faster than P-GPS mode. Have you noticed when in P-GPS mode the P3 drifts with the wind anyway when your pushing on the sticks? When your moving GPS isn't holding your P3 regardless what mode your in. It can't, it doesn't know where you're going. The compass and barometer are controlling heading and height. When you let go of all sticks then GPS locks in and holds your P3 if your in P-GPS mode. There is no reason for ATTI mode when doing these distance runs. ATTI mode for me is strictly for emergencies or if if like to fly smoother. GPS mode is a bit jerky when the P3 stops etc. as it allows GPS to suddenly stop the P3 when all sticks are let go. In ATTI if you let go of the sticks the P3 just glides.

ATTI mode doesn't mean you don't have GPS lock, you do if your GO App is showing GPS connectivity. This means your P3 will know how to get home if you lose RC signal for more than 3 seconds. It will go into RTH mode and return.

When you're pushing the limits in distance and seconds count there is always the risk that RC interference will cause issues as it may add many precious seconds to your return trip and that may mean the difference in getting back with at least 10% battery remaining. Also RTH speed is slower than the max speed you could otherwise push the P3 coming home. If you lose RC and RTH initiates and you never get RC back then there's the risk of not making it back in time. Always look for RC control coming back even if you have to reboot your tablet or restart the GO App as this means you can push the P3 faster as it's in RTH mode or cancel RTH and bring her back on your own going faster. In all honesty you need to test your location first with a battery or two. If you're seeing FPV video and /or RC interference issue then it's not a location you should be trying for max distance.

Reactions: DJi Newbie
I live in a suburban area and could get out at 400' about 1600' before losing signal and auto return to home performed. Bought the DBS mod installed this today and only got out close to 1500' at 400' alt. Disappointed....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20