DBS mods ITelite bad install or what?

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help here. I bought a brand new p3p two weeks ago and never tested it until today. Before I even fly it once, I sent my controller to DBS mods to install the ITelite. When I flew it today the maximum distance I reached was 6000 feet at 200 alt and then I started to lose RC and video connection. Did the installer not hook up something correctly inside the controller or did I do something wrong? Help please!!

Hey guys need some help here. I bought a brand new p3p two weeks ago and never tested it until today. Before I even fly it once, I sent my controller to DBS mods to install the ITelite. When I flew it today the maximum distance I reached was 6000 feet at 200 alt and then I started to lose RC and video connection. Did the installer not hook up something correctly inside the controller or did I do something wrong? Help please!!
What were the conditions -- where were you flying-- the Mod will easily do two to three miles, however, if you have a lot of interference or obstructions where you don't have good LOS, then 6000 feet is pretty decent. Did you get a video?

6000' at 200' of altitude is pretty good. Run it up to 400' and youll get more range. And, of course, range is dependent on your location, terrain, weather, etc.

I was is an open area with a clear LOS I had video up to 6000 feet distance then I started to lose both

If the install was bad for some reason, let's say a cable was not hooked up correctly or at all, then I wouldn't be able to even go 10 feet even right?

I was is an open area with a clear LOS I had video up to 6000 feet distance then I started to lose both
Could have been interference-- you had good signal when you left, but that can change drastically in a mile, and you could be flying through and area with a lot of radio signal interference.
What kind of device are you running, Android or IOS and what was the outside temperature, and were you standing in direct sunlight?
I run IOS Ipad 3 and in the direct sunlight with temps above 90 degrees the Ipad will heat up to about 120 degrees F and start flickering and dropping signal... I fly in my truck much of the time when I cant get in the shade and that solves that issue. I get good range, right thru the windshield with the DBS Mod.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
If the install was bad for some reason, let's say a cable was not hooked up correctly or at all, then I wouldn't be able to even go 10 feet even right?
There is nothing wrong with the install if you got out 6000 ft

Reactions: AirMan
It's also more directional, so you have to aim it better at the bird. If you lose signal, move the controller around a bit making sure the flat part of the panel is pointing directly at your bird.

6,469 Meters
or
21,225 Feet
or
4.02 Miles

Stock P3A with non-boosted DBS Itelite Antenna

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

6,469 Meters
or
21,225 Feet
or
4.02 Miles

Stock P3A with non-boosted DBS Itelite Antenna

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Just awesome man how much juice did you have left in the battery when you landed?I'v gone over 5100mtrs and am gonna break the 6km asap.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic