Dallas Area Phantom 2 Pilot

I'll have to check that nature trail out. I live in acton and it never even crossed my mind to go there.

I'll have to check that nature trail out. I live in acton and it never even crossed my mind to go there.

It's a decent area. There's a pavilion for setting up in the shade, there's electrical power available if you need it. We used the pavilion for ham radio field day this year and we had power for our radios there.

Don't know if we had to contact anyone to get the power turned on or not. I guess you could stick a charger into the outlet and see if it works, I've not tried the power while out there flying my P3P. They may have the outlet locked up, still worth a look. The outlet is on the right side of the pavilion facing the parking lot

Sometimes there are a few cars in the parking lot, but usually the people are off walking the trails or riding their bikes on the trails. I've never been bothered by anyone while I was out there. There's no water so bring something to drink if you're out there while its so darn hot.

What do you mean "love Field is Fine" ??? You want to fly your phantom at love field? For those who dont know that is Southwest Airlines home airport, and biggest hub. I cant imagine that love field is "fine." When one of us does something stupid, we ALL get punished, eventually. Use your head. Dont fly near airports. I didnt even think the computer in the phantoms allowed the motors to be turned on when in controlled airspace. Maybe you are just trolling for controversy.
Hopefully they are just trolling for controversy - folks flying around / near airports are going to wind up getting city, state and us governments deeply involved (regulations) if owner of drones are not acting responsibly - go fly over the grass lands national area - wide open and no planes

Live in the uptown area of Dallas. Any suggestions on where to go for first time flight? Will be receiving my Phantom 3 advanced on Thursday and really want to fly this weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor