Crashed P4 on maiden flight

Since it was the first flight with the drone, I was wondering if it is possible to return to the store you purchased the drone from to discuss the subject of it being a defective refurbished drone and request that the drone be returned to DJI for a replacement drone?

Since it was the first flight with the drone, I was wondering if it is possible to return to the store you purchased the drone from to discuss the subject of it being a defective refurbished drone and request that the drone be returned to DJI for a replacement drone?

Some hobby stores maybe but the chain stores I bought mine from has a policy that once you open the box it's between you and DJI to handle warranty issues.

I had a similar experience, flew absolutely fine for 15/17 mind came to land over long swaying grass. This sent the vps mad. Raised it up, hand caught it, problem solved.

I have only two flights with my P4.
The first one gone well in beginner mode except the landing.
The first time I tried to manually land and while the bird was hovering 10-20cm off the ground I pulled the left stick all the way down and it started hitting the concrete with the legs 2-3 times and stopped the props. Hopefully there was no flip over just "hard" landing.
Then I thought to test the auto landing. Took the bird in the air did some maneuvers and while it was 5-6m above the landing point I pressed the auto-landing and it started descending. Then it didn't slow down as I thought it will and with some slow but noticeable speed it hits the ground and bounces 1-2 times and the lands without flipping over thankfully...
Fortunately no damage was done, didn't noticed any cracks in the legs or got some weird message in the GO app.
I watched some youtube videos on landing smoothly and my next test flight went pretty well on landing. I manually landed with very small movements of the left stick and while it was descending some 30-40cm off the ground I smoothly pulled the left stick all the way down and it landed very smoothly.
Do you think that damage could be done from hard landings without tipping over?

Last edited:
RTH should be used only during emergencies and control should be taken back if situation improves like quad reaches safe area. Manual landing is better than auto landing as one can visualize the actual landing conditions such as landing surface etc

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Also agreed, too close to ground, flipped over.

As for RTH, now I can just go test it right now, but im like 100% sure you can just control the drone in RTH mode. Im at 100 flights and only used RTH a few times but i remember for sure one time i had to move to the side to avoid a wire. Just hit the input on controller, quicker than cancelation of RTH.

Cant you just control it regardless?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka