Crashed in a city

I guess the issue with me is that the OP started by looking for sympathy and wanting to blame DJI for the crash.

I think they understand now that this was a case of 100%operator error.

I guess the issue with me is that the OP started by looking for sympathy and wanting to blame DJI for the crash.

I think they understand now that this was a case of 100%operator error.
I think more accurately: operator negligence, compass error

Reactions: swoopair
Seriously enough with the bickering.
Also the guy is from HK and you're using a pot/kettle saying that most Americans don't even get.

Pretty sure we get it.

Ok so when DJI clearly warns you about not flying around tall buildings. What were you thinking when you did it anyways? Im not trying to blame you. I fly around tall buildings too. Its just if my bird were to crash I wouldnt be on here asking why it crashed thats all.

Where does DJI warn about flying around tall buildings? Here's a hint: this crash had nothing to do with the size of the buildings.

The OP didn't blame DJI at all. He posted asking for help to identify the problem and has pretty much accepted his fault from the get go.

If you read the thread, you'll see he accepted it was his fault pretty much right away.

The number of people who come on here claiming they are the innocent victim of a flyaway is countless. Everyone thinks it's not their fault when they don't understand what happened. That's why flyaways exist.

If you read the thread, you'll see he accepted it was his fault pretty much right away.
I have read the entire thing from when it was first posted. You saw his original quote above. So don't tell me that demanding a new drone is accepting fault. He then goes onto ask how to post a video so the community can "judge." It wasn't until people started pointing out (judging) the obvious error and dangers of flying in this location that he admitted fault in post #21. So, judgement (albeit some harshly and vindictive) was passed.

Like I said, everyone thinks it's not their fault until someone explains it to them. OP learned why it was his mistake. Same old story. BTW, it had NOTHING to do with where he was flying. Compass interference could just as easily happen in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere. Move on.

Reactions: dirkclod
Old osc, new man on the block of P3 but at nearly 80 not so new. Some good things came out of this thread for me. Conformation not to fly too close to Man made stuff .This thing called ALTI mode Dont know what it is yet but will read and ask. I have crashed my machine twice in my garden due to wind gusts(live on a hill near the sea) Brought it to Venice (Italy)to fly over the city but lots of sea and v gusty and..left in RV.
Was learning to be a crop sprayer once Lew Rider," said try flying under the telegraph line" I almost made it, we walked from the crash..I said "you reckoned I was ready" He said"yeh but you know I'm a drunk"
Take care who you listen to
I am real sad about your mishap
O.

Ok so when DJI clearly warns you about not flying around tall buildings. What were you thinking when you did it anyways? Im not trying to blame you. I fly around tall buildings too. Its just if my bird were to crash I wouldnt be on here asking why it crashed thats all.
Do u remember the launch of p3?... Thy flew from inside a hotel room to outside of singapores mandalay bay. So i guess thats their warning right.

This thread has annoyed me for 2 reasons;

1. This idiot thought it was acceptable to fly his UAV in a city and then has the audacity to post that it crashed and wasn't his fault. It is only a matter of time before one falls and kills someone and it'll probably be a phantom.

2. The users that are fighting his corner because he has admitted he was wrong. He'll be flying in a city again as soon as he gets back in the air and will probably never post here again

That happened to me and then when it hit a public location about quarter mile away someone picked it up and took off with it

This thread has annoyed me for 2 reasons;

1. This idiot thought it was acceptable to fly his UAV in a city and then has the audacity to post that it crashed and wasn't his fault. It is only a matter of time before one falls and kills someone and it'll probably be a phantom.

2. The users that are fighting his corner because he has admitted he was wrong. He'll be flying in a city again as soon as he gets back in the air and will probably never post here again

1. The next time you call anyone an idiot you will be given a formal warning.
2. Just because you think flying in the city is wrong doesn't make it so. It simply highlights your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Its ok.. I was an idiot. Im not anymore. Ppl learn. As i said before, ppl were doin it before me n that led me to think it was ok to fly. I honestly thought lightbridge was another technology that wont interfere wid wifi signals. Anyways.. China has a long holiday so i wont get any answers for a while

Every small disaster starts from words "Look, what I can!", every big one starts from "Step aside, I will show you how to do it right".
Congratulations, that no one hurts except you in front of your friends. Buy a new one and say em "I do not give a f@ck I can fly"

1. The next time you call anyone an idiot you will be given a formal warning.
2. Just because you think flying in the city is wrong doesn't make it so. It simply highlights your lack of knowledge on the subject.
I'm sorry but flying in a city, near people and vehicles, is wrong becuase it's dangerous.

Seeing a "Staff Member" confirming my 2nd point is surprising though.

Its ok.. I was an idiot. Im not anymore. Ppl learn. As i said before, ppl were doin it before me n that led me to think it was ok to fly. I honestly thought lightbridge was another technology that wont interfere wid wifi signals. Anyways.. China has a long holiday so i wont get any answers for a while
Good to see you have learnt from it. Enjoy your holidays

I'm sorry but flying in a city, near people and vehicles, is wrong becuase it's dangerous.

Seeing a "Staff Member" confirming my 2nd point is surprising though.
You should read the full thread before you comment but I'll say it again for your edification. Flying in the city is only dangerous if you do not know how to do it safely. Much like flying in any circumstances can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. While you may prefer to fly around a cow pasture, others don't have to make that same choice.

I do not recommend city flying for those not willing to learn fully how to do it safely. But for those that learn and apply a strict safety protocol, flying in the city is perfectly safe.

I am not surprised you had weak gps = you are basically flying down a canyon between all those skyscrapers!!

And the winds will swirl around all the buildings, So much electrical interference - possibly the very worst place you can find to fly a drone!!!

yup.. I totally agree

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z