Crashed in a city

Reaction score
I had full trust in this drone after my 2km flight over hk victoria harbour. I took off on the street in front of my friends n coworkers to show off my baby ..after a minute of climbing it turned by itself n just lost control n flew sideways towards a residential building almost hitting a window but luckily hit the concrete and fall on the podium luckily no one was there otherwise there will b lawsuit. I will demand a new drone as i am 100 % sure this is not human error .. Pls someone teach me how to post the video here so i u guys can judge.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I had full trust in this drone after my 2km flight over hk victoria harbour. I took off on the street in front of my friends n coworkers to show off my baby ..after a minute of climbing it turned by itself n just lost control n flew sideways towards a residential building almost hitting a window but luckily hit the concrete and fall on the podium luckily no one was there otherwise there will b lawsuit. I will demand a new drone as i am 100 % sure this is not human error .. Pls someone teach me how to post the video here so i u guys can judge.
Thanks for reading.
I would love to see the video. Plug your drone into a PC using the usb cable that came with the drone. Us the hookup close to the camera and you will see a drive listed in your windows explorer. Then post to youtube or some other website and post the link to the video

Reactions: ROOF55NO
77 flights... Compass calibrated becoz new location.. Imu calibrated aftr firmware update.. Gps got weak signal aftr watching the flight rec... Went p opt n p atti mode simultaneos before crashing.

77 flights... Compass calibrated becoz new location.. Imu calibrated aftr firmware update.. Gps got weak signal aftr watching the flight rec... Went p opt n p atti mode simultaneos before crashing.

yuck hard to watch that happen to someone's drone... glad to see nobody was hurt. Try uploading the logs to healthydrones.com and see if there is something it tells you....

It was hard for the 20 plus ppl watching it on the ground as well.. How embarassing it was for me though.. I am lucky no one got hurt.

I rilly dnt want this to happen to anyone n feel the shame i felt that day.. I will find out from dji wt happened as i i live in hk n they have a repair center here. I want u guys to b aware n alert of this situation once i get results. Thanks

I am not surprised you had weak gps = you are basically flying down a canyon between all those skyscrapers!!

And the winds will swirl around all the buildings, So much electrical interference - possibly the very worst place you can find to fly a drone!!!
Completely agree with you on that! Mechanical failure was not the issue. It was 100% human error.

How could you correctly calibrate with so much metal around plus as others have said, so much interference? I can't imagine DJI accepting fault but good luck.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
How many satellites did you actually have before take off ?

(Note: i'm not blaming here, just asking)

You can tell by the video the Phantom was in the first loop of a bad toilet bowl effect caused by compass error...

You say you calibrated because of new location... probly a bad idea

I don't see anyplace in your immediate vicinity that is acceptable to calibrate a compass per DJI instruction manual , unless you took it out to a park in the area?

Part of our responsibility as pilots is to read the manual and understand where to, and where not to fly.

Everything about this video is in the manual as an area "not recommended" to calibrate or fly.

Your first mistake was 'full trust' in a toy flying camera knowing that these things happen.
Your second mistake is flying irresponsibly by choosing that location for the purpose of 'showing off'.
DJI owes you nothing.
Quit while you're ahead.
Next time you may not be so lucky not to mention who you could hurt.

Sounds to me that you launched without the home point updating due to no/gps and once in the air the quad decided to go home to mamma through the nearest wall. Oops!

I just want to delete this thread pleasee.. Im not getting anything out of this forum but blames. Good luck to u all n god bless

Some people are rather mean on here.
But learn something from it.
Hong Kong is one of my favourite places on Earth but I would NEVER fly any drone in amongst skyscrapers like that!
Go out over the bay or fly from Victoria Point by all means - but not down the canyons!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl