Crashed in a city

Aftr watching some hk vids of ppl flying over ifc n icc tower (480meters) i thought it was capable.. So its my fault .. Sorry guys

I just want to delete this thread pleasee.. Im not getting anything out of this forum but blames. Good luck to u all n god bless

Dude, everyone is not blaming.
Did you notice how many gps you had before take off ?

As a general point it seems like lot of pilot consider you did choose a bad location to flight, can you accept that ?

I'm sure this can be of help for futur pilots when they consider a place to flight with their drones.

Reactions: Hawkeye 1
I just want to delete this thread pleasee.. Im not getting anything out of this forum but blames. Good luck to u all n god bless
Aaron not sure what you are looking for here! I am a complete novice with the P3 and after watching your video I cannot see even as a novice that I was surprised at your outcome. I know that if there is alot of interference you cannot expect that the drone will act exactly as we would like and certainly where you were flying was full of just that INTERERENCE! I know some here are quick to be critical likely because it appears alot of people here are from the USA and therefore held to strict flying standards. I cannot see me flying my P3 in downtown St. John's as the result is so uncertain and the risk is definitely huge. The risk of destroying my drone being secondary for such a flight and the possibility of injuring someone and or property damage would far outweigh my concern about my drone. Also my first thought watching the video was I hope no one here locally attempts such a flight in our largest local city as such a flight would likely have everyone locally grounded.

Simply put as there was so much interference I am guessing most of the seasoned pilots here can see no way of suggesting what went wrong with your drone as it appears to be obviously pilot error. I am guessing from your response that is not what you wanted to hear???

First off Video is 5 by 5 or perfect on my latest IPad. I am a retired Airline Captain and first thing I noticed 2km over a Harbor is quite a difference there are very little obstructions over a harbor or body of water where the city is hemmed in my many buildings still should have worked if you had done a complete Flight Pre Check including Calibration and then checking iPad to see if there were any errors showing including firmware updates that hadn't been done. If all this done I would call technical where you bought it and get some help. Great city Hong Kong or used to be when I flew in there when it was a fun challenging Approach no longer true. P3 a wonderful Drone for me.

Im sorry to say but 80 percent of my flights were on buildings.. N never had a problem.. So i was wondering why now , wt went wrong this time. I thought i might get help here

Some people are rather mean on here.
But learn something from it.
Hong Kong is one of my favourite places on Earth but I would NEVER fly any drone in amongst skyscrapers like that!
Go out over the bay or fly from Victoria Point by all means - but not down the canyons!

Mean, maybe........the guy made a bad decision. Flying a drone in the middle of a large city with very tall buildings all around. I would never think of flying anything in downtown Philadelphia or NYC

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine gets squirrely when I'm close to a house wall trying to get a shot. Sometimes I think its just the wind bouncing me around .I actually had to switch to ALTI mode (for the first time)thursday to get out of a spot(pucker factor set in fast)RED lights came up compass error compass error compass error,started doing whatever it wanted ,switched to alti and took it stright up real fast till I got control of it and brought it down to do a compass calibrate. Got another 15 houses in after that
With all those building where you were ,I couldn't imagine the wireless signals :confused:
I myself would not attempt trying to fly between highrises. Maybe from a rooftop but not from the street
Things could have turned out bad, but they dident(knock wood)
IMO ,you made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes.
Dont worry about the **** squad.

Wow! Pretty harsh guys? The poor guy crashed his P3 - Yes it was obviously his fault for flying where he was but... Where is the compassion ? He was just asking for help understanding what happened. Sorry Aaron for your crash - live and learn - lucky no one was hurt - hope you can get it repaired.

Wow! Pretty harsh guys? The poor guy crashed his P3 - Yes it was obviously his fault for flying where he was but... Where is the compassion ? He was just asking for help understanding what happened. Sorry Aaron for your crash - live and learn - lucky no one was hurt - hope you can get it repaired.
This simple humane reply made me feel 100 percent better aftr all that has happened.. Thank u!

This simple humane reply made me feel 100 percent better aftr all that has happened.. Thank u!

I agree. A bit of understanding never goes amiss.
And I bet you have flown in similar situations many times before!!!
But truthfully it is a recipe for disaster - get down to the waterfront. Oh and try some night shots - HK is awesome!!!
I havent been since I was a kid in the late 70s early 80s - bet it has changed so much

Man.....im gonna make the first fly around a major city....hope fir the best..

We must be humble....and hope fir the best!

When are people going to learn that flying around a city with tall buildings is not a good idea in GPS mode. The GPS signals and compass can get very messed up out of no where. Everything might check out on take off but flying around , you might get an area where GPS drops or even signal. There are so many wifi systems, metal and other factors that we cannot rely on. Attitude only and if your not that experienced in ATT mode or manual, just don’t do it.

No, never hope for the best. do your homework and act as if you are in the drone. No room for mistakes if you are flying over people and traffic. If something goes wrong, then you will just make it harder for the rest of the people who are experienced enough to do than hope for the best.

The community must Police itself.

Mean??? If you are going to come here or elsewhere to memorialize this you must be prepared for whatever comes your way.

The fact that he initially wanted DJI to replace his quad shows the level of understanding about what he is/was engauging in. He should apologize to DJI for creating this incident and any 'bad press' associated with it.

It may be too late for him but maybe others will take note of this and think several times before putting themselves in a similar situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff

This reply serves no purpose but to incite arguementative responses.

Not even a little bit!! Don't fly that thing over me in a city! Plus he demands a new one.... I don't think people are being harsh at all. He needs to wake up.

Reactions: N017RW
In addition - while you may not find agreement that it was someone else's fault, you WILL find an immense well of knowledge and experience that you can draw from if you want to get your bird back up in the air.

Don't give up Aaron. We all make mistakes. Learn from them and move onwards and upwards.

(And yes Streve, I DID use caps lock!)

Last edited:
You can see it toilet bowl all over the place so yes poor GPS signal. Do you know how to fly in atti? Even if you did the winds between buildings would make it very tough for manual control. Guess you learned your lesson!!! But all I can say your another over confident pilot flying in the wrong place showing off putting people and property at risk and giving the hobby a bad name for the rest of us!!!!

AND YOU THINK IT'S WARRANTY. LOL

More people need to us their brains and think before they fly!!!! Like really?

Reactions: aopisa
Oh, and try to ignore those who enjoy kicking you while you're down [emoji90]

At least there's a lesson here... If the p3 stars to act up... Immediately switch to atti mode and full throttle up. That could have saved the bird in this case..

Reactions: Ti22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers