Crack in P3P Underside

Reaction score
Hi All,
I bought a "Used" P3P from Maplins, UK about a month ago. I checked it over very carefully before buying and it, and it looked as new.
About 10 flights later I found this excellent Forum and all the posts about cracks, so out came the magnifying glass! Sure enough, I found a really thin crack between two of the left rear motor mounting screws - very depressing!

Anyway, off it and I went on the following day, back to Maplins. They sent it back to HQ who pronounced it to be a manufacturing fault (on the following day). Maplins engineer said that they would need to wait for confirmation from DJI before offing a replacement, so I was a bit sad about an extended delay.

I emailed them, asking how long they thought it may be and low and behold, 3 hours later, I had a call from Dan in Customer Support offering to replace it immediately, as it was clearly a manufacturing defect.

I called in the following day to pick up a replacement - less than a week start to finish. Brilliant Maplins, and no, I,m not on their payroll! I can't recommend them highly enough.

As a footnote, it seems to me that the screws may have been over-torqued on assembly. I wonder if they had a torque driver out of calibration for a while on the P3 production line?

Hi All,
I bought a "Used" P3P from Maplins, UK about a month ago. I checked it over very carefully before buying and it, and it looked as new.
About 10 flights later I found this excellent Forum and all the posts about cracks, so out came the magnifying glass! Sure enough, I found a really thin crack between two of the left rear motor mounting screws - very depressing!

Anyway, off it and I went on the following day, back to Maplins. They sent it back to HQ who pronounced it to be a manufacturing fault (on the following day). Maplins engineer said that they would need to wait for confirmation from DJI before offing a replacement, so I was a bit sad about an extended delay.

I emailed them, asking how long they thought it may be and low and behold, 3 hours later, I had a call from Dan in Customer Support offering to replace it immediately, as it was clearly a manufacturing defect.

I called in the following day to pick up a replacement - less than a week start to finish. Brilliant Maplins, and no, I,m not on their payroll! I can't recommend them highly enough.

As a footnote, it seems to me that the screws may have been over-torqued on assembly. I wonder if they had a torque driver out of calibration for a while on the P3 production line?
cheap plastics

Seems that way. Is the motor bolted through a strengthening plate (chassis) sandwiched between the two covers?

it has ribs in around motors but has been a ongoing problem with them for awhile

I took the opportunity to upgrade to a P4 when I got a replacement (mainly for the better lens spec.). But I notice it has a stornger looking shell as well.

I took the opportunity to upgrade to a P4 when I got a replacement (mainly for the better lens spec.). But I notice it has a stornger looking shell as well.
have seen a lot of those crack also on top by motor

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl