Could someone help me with my flight record? Please?

Good afternoon1
I hope this note goes to all that have been so kind to respond.
I took Dawg's advise and got into the flight records on my drone .dat
but something was very strange....I have been flying this drone since appx.
July of 2016 through June 25 of 2018 (the day of the crash). The .dat files i just
recovered from my drone only have file dates from 7-16-17 through 12-11-17!
I have had appx. 550 flights since July of 2016. So, to make a long story short,
I'm stumped. I received my drone back a couple of days and have flown 4 or 5 flights
with no issues (however i didnt push things very hard). Ill just have to build
up my confidence level back up.
Please accept my sincere thanks for the output.
Mike
Did you send your remote in with your Phantom?
If you didn't did you have to relink the remote with the phantom?

A note to all, I take pictures of my Phantom, Remote, etc when I send them for repair, markings and tags.
Digital pictures are cheap these days. ;)

I agree with @Fly Dawg, on a referb
Any new news, let us know.

Rod

Last edited:
IT SEEMS THE LINK YOU SENT ME WAS INFORMATIVE. HOWEVER, AS I VISITED THE SITE. IT STATES FOR MODELS FROM STANDARD PHANTOM 3 AND AFTER. I HAVE A PHANTOM 3 STANDARD NO 4K. OTHER QUESTION.

I CANT GET TELEMETRY FROM MY DRONE. THIS WAS DIRECTLY AFTER A HARD LANDING BROKE THE RIBBON. WHICH I REPLACED. IT OBVIOUSLY I DID NOT REPLACE THE NEW RIBBON CORRECTLY. HOWEVER BEFORE THE REPAIR THE DRONE STILL FLEW..ONLY IN BEGINNER MODE. 150 FT MAX IN AIR . NO GPS JUST RISKY FLYING . WORKED PERFECT.
SO THANKS A LOT 4 UR HELP. ALL N ALL BEFORE MY RIBBON REPAIR. I WAS ABLE TO FLY. AFTER RIBBON REPAIR ONLY YELLOW LIGHT FLASHES REPEATEDLY ON TAIL ENDS, RED LIGHTS UP FRONT.

THEIR WAS AN ORANGE LIGHT ON THE MOTHER BOARD FACING YOU. NOW AFTER MY RIBBON REPAIR. THIS LIGHT NOW SHOWS GREEN? GIMBAL AND CAMERA DID NOT RE CALIBRATE ONCE POWERED ON BUT CAMERA WAS WARM. NOW SINCE THE RIBBON REPAIR NEEDED THE ANTENNA WIRES UN SNAPPED ETC. IT WONT TURN MOTORS AT ALL PLUS WONT CONNECT TO CONTROLLER NOW? PLEASE HELP
I assume that any model of DJI products that use DJI-Go (Stupid name) is going to have the same procedures to extract the .dat files.

It appears from your details you need create a new thread under your model of Phantom.

I note I have found, that even in literature even books, that all caps is SHOUTING.

Since I have only read ONE book in my life, high school requirement / book report thing. I picked Johnny Got His Gun - Wikipedia

The book sucked, I guess it was the reason I only read ONE.

I do like this song, LOUD
One (Metallica song) - Wikipedia "ONE" ;)

Rod

Reactions: jimlips
I assume that any model of DJI products that use DJI-Go (Stupid name) is going to have the same procedures to extract the .dat files.
The P3s use DJI Go version 3 which does not record a .DAT.

Man, I keep getting confused on this thread.

The .dat file that we have been talking about is on the Phantom, not related to the app / mobile device?

Rod

thanks so much for doing that...its the first time I have seen a flight record...pretty amazing.
However, while i see a ton of 'yaw errors' and a few speed errors, I am clueless as to a reason why
this happened. Can you see anything that would give me insight as to what i need to 'correct'?
N. Texas Guy.. This is the first time I looked at a log. Very interesting. I had the same problem the first time. There was a tall tower my Phantom had a problem with. It could not go home. You had the same problem.
Interference is a big problem. Also your battery was very low and almost too late.
I took the street view little man down to where all the red circles are and saw 2 tall towers when I spun him around. Pilot Ann

Did you send your remote in with your Phantom?
If you didn't did you have to relink the remote with the phantom?

A note to all, I take pictures of my Phantom, Remote, etc when I send them for repair, markings and tags.
Digital pictures are cheap these days. ;)

I agree with @Fly Dawg, on a referb
Any new news, let us know.

Rod
Sorry for the late response......and....Yes I did send the remote and did not have to re link, however i plan on checking tomorrow with the folks that replaced the case and see if the ‘guts’ were replace as well. The dat records within the drone don’t seem to match my flight records. The drone seems to be flying fine so it ma be a moot point to check but I would love to get the dat file of that last flight just to see if anything can be gleaned about the cause of the fly away.
Thanks for following up.
Mike

Reactions: RodPad
Please update me, I really don't want to be posting incorrect information..

Rod

Please update me, I really don't want to be posting incorrect information..

Rod
Just talked to the folks that exchanged the shell and they indicated that
they did not exchange the interior.....just the shell....so I dont think this
rabbit is worth chasing any further.........thanks so much

Reactions: RodPad
Just talked to the folks that exchanged the shell and they indicated that
they did not exchange the interior.....just the shell....so I dont think this
rabbit is worth chasing any further.........thanks so much
That's for the update, that is just crazy, just another unsolved mystery.
Maybe it should be an X-files episode, part of its journeys was erased by........... Kind of like your mystery flight and crash. :eek:

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT