Could someone help me with my flight record? Please?

All P3 models create DAT flight logs.
I am referring to ones on the device itself, not the aircraft. I know my P3 doesn't create .dat's on the device. Unless this is on IOS only. I use Android.

I am referring to ones on the device itself, not the aircraft. I know my P3 doesn't create .dat's on the device. Unless this is on IOS only. I use Android.

I think that you are correct - because the P3 doesn't use DJI Go 4. I've made that mistake before and been corrected by @BudWalker - one day I'll manage to remember before posting.

Dawg....i am using an iOS device, so to retrieve the dat file i should use the method you sent earlier and connect to my drone etc....correct?
The errors in your flight log are commonly seen in cases where the launch was from a magnetically dirty site, most commonly where the Phantom was launched from a reinforced concrete surface.
Usually the errors show sooner but as you flew out in roughly the same direction for 2000 ft before turning, that might explain what happened.
What can you say about the launch area?

The errors in your flight log are commonly seen in cases where the launch was from a magnetically dirty site, most commonly where the Phantom was launched from a reinforced concrete surface.
Usually the errors show sooner but as you flew out in roughly the same direction for 2000 ft before turning, that might explain what happened.
What can you say about the launch area?
So sorry for the tardy response....the launch area is in a field and the cement area where i park
is approximately 20 yards away from that cement. there are no other obsticals plus the fact i have
flown from that area easily 100 times. I just received my p3s from having the case replaced and should
possibly retreve the dat file tomorrow which i will post...maybe for info that might help.
i sincerely appreciate your interest. Im nervous to try first filght because i have no idea if the bird
is ok because all they did was change out case but im sure they did not fly....
again,my thanks.
mike

Might want to fly it in another location first, and take off not over concrete (rebar reinforced). Good luck with your baby bird and fly well.

@North Texas Guy,
If you didn't send in your remote, and you have to relink it, they probably flew it, If I was in repairs that would be in my best interest. ;)

Also there will be a .dat file even if they just powered it on.
These files can be very large, and in time the oldest gets erased, kind of like the black box that's in your car.

You will need to have a drop box, G drive, one drive, etc to share it.
If you can email it or upload here, its not the correct one its to small.....

Rod

they probably flew it, If I was in repairs that would be in my best interest.
Not likely with 3rd party repairs, but worth mentioning none the less. Even DJI does not fly every repair. IMO, they would most likely power up without props, check the app for errors. If none, good to go. Not the way one would want it done, but that's the way it works in most cases I would think. There are just too many with too few to do the actual work that have any real knowledge of the aircraft operation in general.

Hum, Yeah, I get your point.

I saved the .dat files on my P3S when I got it returned to me, there were a couple of files with time and date, would have been in there possession, I guess if I find them, would you want to look at them?

I saved them in case I had issues with there repair, etc. ;)

Rod

I have flown my P#S for a couple of years and never had any issues till my 'last flight'. I was about 2,000 feet out and about 150' altitude when I lost connection and RTH was initiated. About 1/2 way home I took control but had a terrible time flying because while the sticks seemed to make some difference, the drone seemed to continue on with little or no response. I finally lost it in a field and found it needing a new case. All seems 'OK' now but would someone be so kind as to look at the flight record and see what happened? I don't know how to read one! Thanks and any insight would really be appreciated.

Not likely with 3rd party repairs, but worth mentioning none the less. Even DJI does not fly every repair. IMO, they would most likely power up without props, check the app for errors. If none, good to go. Not the way one would want it done, but that's the way it works in most cases I would think. There are just too many with too few to do the actual work that have any real knowledge of the aircraft operation in general.
I AM CURIOUS WHERE YOU GET THOSE ENCRYPTION FLIGHT RECORDS. PLUG MY DRONE INTO COMPUTER AN UPLOAD? I HAVE SOME THAT HAVE MADE ON TO MY COMPUTER ALREADY IN THIS FORM.. IS IT DUE TO ME LOOKING AT FLIGHT RECORDS ON MY ACCOUNT? INFO WOULD GREAT

AM CURIOUS WHERE YOU GET THOSE ENCRYPTION FLIGHT RECORDS.
Those records are on the device you fly with. They are .txt files. You can upload those to the DJI Flight Log Viewer link as posted previously.
There are flight records on the airccraft itself, but the easiest ones to obtain are through the above link.

If this post was directed to me, it's not a problem. The link I provided you in Post#8 is for the .txt record from your device as a future reference should you need to utilize it. And no, I did not provide a link for the aircraft .dat file. I will place that below. But first, if you are having the bird repaired, it is quite possible that the old .dat files that were on the aircraft may be wiped clean in the repair process. If you returned this to DJI for repair, it is entirely possible that you will recieve a different refurbished aircraft. That is the way they work at times. Anyway, below in the link for getting the .dat files from the aircraft. Sorry if you misunderstood what I said.

How to retrieve a .DAT
Good afternoon1
I hope this note goes to all that have been so kind to respond.
I took Dawg's advise and got into the flight records on my drone .dat
but something was very strange....I have been flying this drone since appx.
July of 2016 through June 25 of 2018 (the day of the crash). The .dat files i just
recovered from my drone only have file dates from 7-16-17 through 12-11-17!
I have had appx. 550 flights since July of 2016. So, to make a long story short,
I'm stumped. I received my drone back a couple of days and have flown 4 or 5 flights
with no issues (however i didnt push things very hard). Ill just have to build
up my confidence level back up.
Please accept my sincere thanks for the output.
Mike

The .dat files i just
recovered from my drone only have file dates from 7-16-17 through 12-11-17!
As I mentioned in Post#16, you very well could have received a refurbished unit and not the original that you sent for repair. You can either check the serial number on the aircraft or look at the other .dat files for a GPS location to see for certain, if you are curious. Other than that, if it flies well, I wouldn't bother. But being the curious one myself I would want to verify that. Just IMO.

Reactions: BudWalker
As I mentioned in Post#16, you very well could have received a refurbished unit and not the original that you sent for repair. You can either check the serial number on the aircraft or look at the other .dat files for a GPS location to see for certain, if you are curious. Other than that, if it flies well, I wouldn't bother. But being the curious one myself I would want to verify that. Just IMO.
Ill see if i can do a little homework....if anything show up....you will be the first to know!! :)

IT SEEMS THE LINK YOU SENT ME WAS INFORMATIVE. HOWEVER, AS I VISITED THE SITE. IT STATES FOR MODELS FROM STANDARD PHANTOM 3 AND AFTER. I HAVE A PHANTOM 3 STANDARD NO 4K. OTHER QUESTION.

I CANT GET TELEMETRY FROM MY DRONE. THIS WAS DIRECTLY AFTER A HARD LANDING BROKE THE RIBBON. WHICH I REPLACED. IT OBVIOUSLY I DID NOT REPLACE THE NEW RIBBON CORRECTLY. HOWEVER BEFORE THE REPAIR THE DRONE STILL FLEW..ONLY IN BEGINNER MODE. 150 FT MAX IN AIR . NO GPS JUST RISKY FLYING . WORKED PERFECT.
SO THANKS A LOT 4 UR HELP. ALL N ALL BEFORE MY RIBBON REPAIR. I WAS ABLE TO FLY. AFTER RIBBON REPAIR ONLY YELLOW LIGHT FLASHES REPEATEDLY ON TAIL ENDS, RED LIGHTS UP FRONT.

THEIR WAS AN ORANGE LIGHT ON THE MOTHER BOARD FACING YOU. NOW AFTER MY RIBBON REPAIR. THIS LIGHT NOW SHOWS GREEN? GIMBAL AND CAMERA DID NOT RE CALIBRATE ONCE POWERED ON BUT CAMERA WAS WARM. NOW SINCE THE RIBBON REPAIR NEEDED THE ANTENNA WIRES UN SNAPPED ETC. IT WONT TURN MOTORS AT ALL PLUS WONT CONNECT TO CONTROLLER NOW? PLEASE HELP

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT