Copper Windsurfer?

Reaction score
What are copper windsurfers? I want to increase my range if I can but I've no idea what they are?

Many people sell these. You can find some on Amazon here.

Both copper and aluminum perform equally as well.

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Parabolic-Pr...1-1-fkmr1&keywords=phantom+windsurfer+skyreat

The above link is to what I got. There are some on the net that say windsurfers do work and a waste of money. I got them for the hope they will work and because they were cheap.

My first 3 mile run was without those copper windsurfers, and the only reason I turned around was the low battery warning. I live at one mile away from a water tower, and when I try to make it to it without windsurfers, RTH takes over right before I make it. With windsurfers, the same thing happens, so I don't know if there is an unusually high level of interference or the windsurfers just don't work.

I've got them and they work really well

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

hello guys

Although there are many videos about the benefits of antenna boosters, however I found this one, that claims that there is no real benefit of using antenna boosters. What is your opinion ? (also read the comments of the author below the video)

video is here :

Anybody can make a video and say whatever they want. Who vets the content?
The 'host' displays no technical knowledge of the subject.
We have no specifics.
There are folks out there who will sell you junk because people buy junk.
A proper parabola set-up will increase gain.
Have you ever put your hands around your mouth when yelling to increase the range of your voice?
Cup your hands behind your ears... Your hearing will improve BUT it becomes more directional.
That is essentially what a properly designed and implemented Windsurfer will do.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl