Controller/Vision stickers

coloradosky said:
gunslinger said:
:roll: Is this thread still about stickers?

I'd really like to get a few "dji" logo stickers in about the same size as the ones that came with the Phantom. Any thought to making any of those?

Thanks...
-slinger

Got 'em, slinger! (finally) :oops:

http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-case-logo.php

I did these with a clear base to make them a little more versatile... See what you think.

DAYAMM!!! Sweet! I'll order a set tonight. Thanks, dude... :D

-slinger

coloradosky said:
Tripnman said:
Just checking into this thread so I don't loose the contact info. Been in touch with ColoradoSky and am ordering a set of identity stickers with a customized warning label and arm bands styled like caution/barricade tape. Will update once the process is final.

Sent your custom stuff today- thanks for the idea! The "Caution Tape' is now an option for the rest of us... For that suggestion I sent a few to Tripnman at no charge. Any other good color/pattern ideas out there? Send them in! If we print yours you get the prototype free.

The support from this forum has been awesome, thanks for that. We made up a little bonus sticker that's been going in every order for free, but it's not for sale. It is a thank you for your order.
if you havnt shipped my order to Arab Alabama 35016 yet. Could I add some of the High visibility caution stickers?

Thank you

Here are a few ideas…

How about some fun stickers like a small pirate flag or some of those girlie pinup silhouettes like you see on mud flaps? Or a number set in a Star Trek like font...

mcurrier said:
Here are a few ideas…

How about some fun stickers like a small pirate flag or some of those girlie pinup silhouettes like you see on mud flaps? Or a number set in a Star Trek like font...

Playing off of those ideas, I've been considering some little stickers with a mosquito and a red circle/slash around it. - one for each kill. The last few evenings I've been cleaning blood off of my props when I land. Who knew those little buggers were bumbling around up at 400 ft.?

Tripnman said:
mcurrier said:
Here are a few ideas…

Playing off of those ideas, I've been considering some little stickers with a mosquito and a red circle/slash around it. - one for each kill. The last few evenings I've been cleaning blood off of my props when I land. Who knew those little buggers were bumbling around up at 400 ft.?

Your phantom would crash once you loaded the arms up with the proper number of mosquito kill stickers!

:lol:

Tripnman said:
mcurrier said:
Here are a few ideas…

That's nuts, but maybe that explains how my phantom sometimes looks dirty tho it couldn't be actual dirt. Maybe few of them buggers have been splattering in my blades as well :eek:

Thanks for the kind words, Simon- who bought our stickers and subsequently posted this YouTube review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fXwoll-bE#t=0

--

In other news, I am just back from a trip to visit our daughter in Ecuador, and making lots of conversation in the airports thanks to the DJI UAV sticker on my Pelican 1310 case!

People are aware of multirotors and like to ask questions when they know you know. I didn't hear any negative comments or concern, just people that wanted to know how hard they are to fly, etc etc etc.

:)

coloradosky said:
In other news, I am just back from a trip to visit our daughter in Ecuador, and making lots of conversation in the airports thanks to the DJI UAV sticker on my Pelican 1310 case!

Any problems taking the phantom as carry-on or any suggestions/tips for travel? I plan on taking a couple of international trips later this year and using my 1510 case for carry-on.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AresSK said:
coloradosky said:

Any problems taking the phantom as carry-on or any suggestions/tips for travel? I plan on taking a couple of international trips later this year and using my 1510 case for carry-on.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OOps, my post said 1310, I have a Pelican 1510...

No problems with using as a carry on, in fact, it was a pleasure to have a hard sided, durable carry on that I knew would fit, and it did, perfectly overhead, unlike so many soft carry ons that people were jamming into place, how amateur (and how ME on my last flight :oops: ) This case looks way professional, and the sticker made out for good conversation as I mentioned.

Take note! On one leg, we boarded late, and the overhead space was aready accounted for, and any additional carry ons were being checked as baggage underneath... Well that's NOT what I wanted to hear, since the 1510 is packed tight, and I thought that would be OK if I was handling it personally.... but if it was thrown around by the airline professionals there might be a security problem (#1) and it might be subject to more impact forces than I'm comfortable with (#2)... but I had no choice. No problems in the end however. !! I did not have a lock on it !! Bad move on my part, not anticipating having to hand it over as luggage- and nervous the whole flight but it arrived at baggage claim OK. NEXT TIME, locks will be in place, even if carrying it on, anticipating a repeat situation.

This case would make a great carry on for anything, not just the Phantom. The foam pulls out easily, I think I may have made a lifetime friend whether its laptop and laundry, or the flying camera.

...I would have liked to have had an Ecuador flag sticker on it to show off the destination of this little case a little bit- so I'm working on country flags this week.

I'm trying to customize my Vision and controller.. first steps :lol:

2a9z47n.jpg

coloradosky said:
Take note! On one leg, we boarded late, and the overhead space was aready accounted for, and any additional carry ons were being checked as baggage underneath... Well that's NOT what I wanted to hear, since the 1510 is packed tight, and I thought that would be OK if I was handling it personally.... but if it was thrown around by the airline professionals there might be a security problem (#1) and it might be subject to more impact forces than I'm comfortable with (#2)... but I had no choice. No problems in the end however. !! I did not have a lock on it !! Bad move on my part, not anticipating having to hand it over as luggage- and nervous the whole flight but it arrived at baggage claim OK. NEXT TIME, locks will be in place, even if carrying it on, anticipating a repeat situation.
Well this is not what I'm wanting to hear. I'm going to Jamaica soon from New Orleans and I'm taking my phantom with me as a carry-on. I don't think I'd be able to relax the whole time on the flight if they told me I had to store it underneath. What are the chances of that happening? The last time I was on a plane was 20 years ago and I was 9 years old.

coloradosky said:

Well this is not what I'm wanting to hear. I'm going to Jamaica soon from New Orleans and I'm taking my phantom with me as a carry-on. I don't think I'd be able to relax the whole time on the flight if they told me I had to store it underneath. What are the chances of that happening? The last time I was on a plane was 20 years ago and I was 9 years old.

tupes said:
coloradosky said:

What are the chances? Fair I'd say, according to my experiences over the last year or so. Seems that lots of folks are packing in their carry ons thanks to baggage fees (I do), and if you board late or last, you may run into this issue. We don't usually rush to board, since we're all going the same place on the same airplane, and I've always chuckled that folks were in such a hurry to get their seats- while I was trying to minimize the time in my seat... That's changed a bit now with the space issue, and you can almost count on the opportunity to check your carry on if you like...

:shock:

mcurrier said:
And now, back to sticker talk…

Anything NEW???

Yes, #1 new thing is the Canada arm colors, plus a couple of camo arm color choices. Soon, a generic ID sticker set.

..and another project in the works that has nothing to do with stickers! (Have some other phantom pilots giving me feedback on the idea as you read this- to be revealed soon)

..and a way to keep up with what's new here- signing up for our periodical shop newsletter (scan the QR code to sign up, or visit our website to click the button: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php )

Thanks!

I wish the wind would stop blowing! Withdrawal has set in. Can hardly remember what the control sticks feel like.... :cry:

Attachments

• web-canadian.jpg
    web-canadian.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 539
  • qr2.png
    qr2.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 539
What happened to the DJI Logo stickers for the cases? I can't seem to find them anymore :(

coloradosky said:
Thanks for the kind words, Simon- who bought our stickers and subsequently posted this YouTube review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fXwoll-bE#t=0

--

People are aware of multirotors and like to ask questions when they know you know. I didn't hear any negative comments or concern, just people that wanted to know how hard they are to fly, etc etc etc.

For some reason hearing "Pimp up my vision" come from a heavy British accent made me laugh pretty hard.

GneeChee said:
What happened to the DJI Logo stickers for the cases? I can't seem to find them anymore :(

...those are on hold right now... Will let you know when they are available again, as I expect they will be hopefully soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez