Controller/Vision stickers

Reaction score
I'm blessed to make signs all day, and have a veritable craft shop of handy tools for work and personal projects- CNC router, digital printer, vinyl plotter etc etc... SO I can't stand it when something is poorly marked or not marked at all, like the controller that operates my $1200 investment :!: ...

I've laid out a set of controller stickers that I'd like your input on- what else needs a sticker? I thought about a LED chart to stick to the back, just haven't done that yet. The S1 sticker has an alternate, depending on what mode I choose (manual / return home).

Take a look at what I have so far - and make suggestions? The vinyl is vehicle grade 3M with thermal print spot color and abrasion coating, same that we use on fire trucks so I think it will be durable.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6610[1].JPG
    IMG_6610[1].JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 5,356
  • IMG_6608[1].JPG
    IMG_6608[1].JPG
    66 KB · Views: 5,286
  • IMG_6606[1].JPG
    IMG_6606[1].JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 5,515
coloradosky said:
Take a look at what I have so far - and make suggestions? The vinyl is vehicle grade 3M with thermal print spot color and abrasion coating, same that we use on fire trucks so I think it will be durable.

Thanks!

I only have one small suggestion..... Please print a few more and share with other P2V owners :)

BManCan

i agree.. what about the rest of us? also can you print in transparent tape and have the letters in red. would look cleaner.

I agree! That's nice! I would go for a set.
I did something similar using my label printer, but black on silver tape isn't so clean looking.
Like mentioned, Red or black letters on transparent or white background would be wonderful.
Also, for newbies like myself, I would suggest 4 labels for each control stick to remind me of what each position does…i.e. Up, Down, Rotate Right, etc…

Paul

coloradosky said:
I'm blessed to make signs all day, and have a veritable craft shop of handy tools for work and personal projects- CNC router, digital printer, vinyl plotter etc etc... SO I can't stand it when something is poorly marked or not marked at all, like the controller that operates my $1200 investment :!: ...

I've laid out a set of controller stickers that I'd like your input on- what else needs a sticker? I thought about a LED chart to stick to the back, just haven't done that yet. The S1 sticker has an alternate, depending on what mode I choose (manual / return home).

Thanks!

If you wind up selling some of these, please let me know. Very clean looking ... :) :) :)

Nice job CoSky! Add me to the list for stickers.

Guys, this reminds me that I need to learn more about the other modes of flight control: ATTITUDE, home lock, course lock, home, etc. Where is a good place to learn more about these modes, I am having trouble finding info...and when would you most likely use them???

I've got GPS mode down pretty good now and want to learn more, especially as it relates to photography and video.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would definitely buy this... I am ready to paypal... I would also add a Reward If Found sticker to add to the phantom...

Sledge said:
Nice job CoSky! Add me to the list for stickers.

Guys, this reminds me that I need to learn more about the other modes of flight control: ATTITUDE, home lock, course lock, home, etc. Where is a good place to learn more about these modes, I am having trouble finding info...and when would you most likely use them???

I've got GPS mode down pretty good now and want to learn more, especially as it relates to photography and video.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Take a look at the Phantom (not Vision) Naza M guide: http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/
for info on the different flight modes. Also, there's an intro to IOC flying on the same page, quick and easy explanation.

Take note, when you enable NAZA, the LED patterns change. There's some reading to do before making the switch. S1 and S2 up position will behave the same as PV out of the box (except LED patterns). It is GPS assisted flight. I'd recommend setting the S1 bottom position to 'failsafe' in the software, even if just to remove the option to accidentally go into Manual mode, unless you're into that!

They look great. I am ready to purchase some when you have extras.

Looks great brother. I'd buy too. But are you ready to sell. I havn't seen you address it yet. Or maybe I missed it..

J

Sledge said:

Well seem you like to study like me ;)

GPS, Atti, Manual: are modes of control
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Control_Mode

Home Lock and Course Lock: are modes of IOC
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

hope it helps

PS. I want these stickers too :mrgreen:

Allright! Thanks for all the input here and PM. I worked on the layout again yesterday after work and replaced HOME on the S1 with FAILSAFE (otherwise both S1 and S2 have HOME at the bottom (see image from first post)). Also laid out circular stickers to go near the control sticks with control functions for VISION mode as requested, will try to print a prototype at work today. The last thing - unless there are any other suggestions- would be to set up a template to customize a sticker for PV with "Return If Found" info.

I could print the stickers any color, maybe black is the most neutral to use for this? Still looks very clean. The material is 3M Imagecast, a removable fleet marking film- designed for vehicles, but can be removed if desired. It's sturdy and easy to use as a sticker- other vinyl is thinner and more prone to problems installing. I thought the solid color background made it easier to read at such a small size, the white or clear background blends nicely with the controller, but your eyes don't go right to it when you've been watching the sky or screen, it takes a second to focus- but open to suggestions.

Any other sticker needs for this set ?

Today I'll figure out the logistics of selling them, I'd guess for just a few bucks, and will post that info. Maybe we can add it to the sign shops online store, to make it easier, I'll check on that too. I appreciate the list of names that want the stickers, motivates me to get this done faster! Seems like I always move faster for other peoples projects than for my own projects- so thanks for that!

Stay tuned for more details....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj