Controller/Vision stickers

Khakis1999 said:
Just placed my 2nd order with ColorodoSky for the Reward stickers. I have to say that we are lucky, as Phantom Pilots, to have Colorodosky amongst us. I recommend EVERY PHANTOM VISION OWNER checkout his online shop. His decals are affordable, durable and invaluable!

All right everybody, just for the record I did NOT send this guy a check for such a kind endorsement!

(Thanks khakis)

...you guys send ideas, I will try to figure out a way to make them!

the link is below \/ \/

I have overall ordered all 3 sets, 2 of them have come in. They are awesome can't wait for the 3rd set then my P2V will be complete. Thanks Colorado for your hard work

coloradosky said:
Khakis1999 said:
Just placed my 2nd order with ColorodoSky for the Reward stickers. I have to say that we are lucky, as Phantom Pilots, to have Colorodosky amongst us. I recommend EVERY PHANTOM VISION OWNER checkout his online shop. His decals are affordable, durable and invaluable!

All right everybody, just for the record I did NOT send this guy a check for such a kind endorsement!

(Thanks khakis)

the link is below \/ \/

I received my "arm stickers" yesterday. Very nice job. The colors are very rich and the fit is right on the money. I'll have to check, but I swear I got one more set than I actually ordered...

As far as Khaki's quote goes... +1 here...

-slinger

Wow very nice and professional work. The warning/reward sticker is just awesome. The cost seems a little bit high, but maybe understandable considering that you are working alone on this.

Just wanna know about the material, before placing an order, could the arm stickers potentially be removed and placed back on the sticker sheet for later use (if I wanted to rotate between color themes)?

Edit: Missed the part that says "Stickers are designed for one time use, but are repositionable." But does this mean you can, or can't? Sorry long day...

Colorado...

How much would it cost for two stickers, same font and font size as the fancy label (in my case... Gunslinger) that say...

Firefly

You can't take the sky from me

Someone brought this up earlier and I'm a rabid FireFly fan... Also... I think it'd look pretty cool... (and I REALLY want those gorram stickers... )

-slinger

Jre said:
Wow very nice and professional work. The warning/reward sticker is just awesome. The cost seems a little bit high, but maybe understandable considering that you are working alone on this.

Just wanna know about the material, before placing an order, could the arm stickers potentially be removed and placed back on the sticker sheet for later use (if I wanted to rotate between color themes)?

Edit: Missed the part that says "Stickers are designed for one time use, but are repositionable." But does this mean you can, or can't? Sorry long day...

Jre, Good questions and comments- and if one person says it, others are probably thinking it, so worthy of comment:

The cost seems high for a dozen little stickers, until you break down what it takes to make 'em:

Each order is a new file, and there isn't a fancy integrated database that automatically handles and prints your order. To make these stickers, I take each order and check spelling and order errors (don't want to send them twice!)- things like duplicates, extra characters/numerals, mis spelled common words etc. Then copy the numbers and text to the print file, and output to the printer after loading material and print foils. Then, move to plotter and align registration marks, cut shapes and pull off to trim each order into an envelope with a printed sheet of thanks and instruction, write the address on the envelope and pull out a Johnny Cash or similar postage stamp. Drop 'em off at the post office before 4 pm so they go in the same days mail stream.

If I was making one set of these for one customer, the time and material would easily run around $100 for a prototype print of this quality and such a small run. By somewhat standardizing the layout and offering some personalization, we can lower the price to where it's at, so I'm thinking that this is a discounted price in the world of custom printing small run graphics- it's all perspective!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) this isn't high production, and each order is personally handled to be accurate. It's a whole new perspective for me, having made big commercial signs for the last 20 years, but it's slow here after the flooding in September and this could be helpful to the bottom line? So, totally worthwhile- and very cool to see how far and wide these stickers are traveling- all over the world!

As to deals that a few have asked about? I have posted a couple of bonus offers, if you order all sets at the same time, or multiples of the color arm stickers: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

Have an idea for a cool sticker? Send me an email or PM. I have a few that I'm working on that should be online Monday or Tuesday thanks to suggestions- stay tuned! Also more patterns for the arm stickers that have been popular.

All of that said, it's fun putting together little things that can make the Phantom look even better, and I'm pleased to hear that the personal touch has been appreciated by many of you, which is encouragement enough to keep up that detail.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas! (Must start/finish shopping today for wife) Back to stickers on Monday.

Mark

Here's a little webpage for my hobby: http://www.estespk.com/

And the sticker page: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

Jre said:

..sorry, I missed the other part of this questions:

The material is from 3M designed for removable fleet graphics, so the material is thicker, has a post it like adhesive on steroids that comes off clean, but wont fall off by itself... Like a post it, when you remove it, the adhesive is less tacky and might pick up contamination and will not stick as well so you may be able to reuse it, but no guarantees! So our statement is 'for one time use', but you may be able to get more mileage out of it. Repositionable means, to me, that you might pick it partially back up while applying and get it more between the lines than your first attempt!

If that isn't as clear as mud, send me an email or PM. THANKS

Colorado, I love these things, as a matter of fact just ordered another set. I have 1 suggestion on the numbers 1-4 maybe do 2 sets so you can put one on the arm and one on the corresponding motor.
Thank you for all your effort

Colorado:

Would it be possible to get a sticker (same font as the fancy font stickers in the original pack)

"You can't take the sky from me"

If so... could you quote me?

Thanks, muchly...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
coloradosky said:
Khakis1999 said:

(Thanks khakis)

the link is below \/ \/

I received my "arm stickers" yesterday. Very nice job. The colors are very rich and the fit is right on the money. I'll have to check, but I swear I got one more set than I actually ordered...

As far as Khaki's quote goes... +1 here...

-slinger

+2. My reward stickers are on the way. I have all the others including some great color choices for the arms and transmitter. Thanks again Mark.

coloradosky said:
Have an idea for a cool sticker? Send me an email or PM. I have a few that I'm working on that should be online Monday or Tuesday thanks to suggestions- stay tuned! Also more patterns for the arm stickers that have been popular.

Uh oh, I already placed my order, did I miss out on something cool?

Ok, so I am just about to order a Phantom Vision and will order the set of stickers as well so I am ready to hit the ground running when my bird arrives. Very impressive work. Curious if there has been any interest in creating stickers representing certain air wing insignias?

Waterborne said:
Ok, so I am just about to order a Phantom Vision and will order the set of stickers as well so I am ready to hit the ground running when my bird arrives. Very impressive work. Curious if there has been any interest in creating stickers representing certain air wing insignias?

Waterborne (et al), best way to communicate re special requests is a direct email ([email protected]). Seems as hard as I try, I'm not timely checking this board every day, especially holiday time, but I'll get an email.

Send me a link to or image of what you're thinking of? If it's not protected (copyrighted) artwork and seems like it has a general appeal, I'll make it, and you'll get a free one for the suggestion, with my thanks.

-Mark

Waterborne said:

Cool idea. Something with a Maltese cross would be sweet. After the holidays I'm going to create a whole theme package idea. Speaking of that I wonder Colorado...can you make graphics stickers that are like a skin? For example Pacific coast hobbies makes some in various themes but none that suit my taste. I have a couple ideas that are fairly simple..mainly mono chromatic. Is the something you could, would or might do? Or are we getting too crazy? Just curious.

James

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.14.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.14.31 AM.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.10.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.10.02 AM.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 474
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.13.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.13.12 AM.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 418

Members online