Controller/Vision stickers

coloradosky said:
I'm blessed to make signs all day, and have a veritable craft shop of handy tools for work and personal projects- CNC router, digital printer, vinyl plotter etc etc... SO I can't stand it when something is poorly marked or not marked at all, like the controller that operates my $1200 investment :!: ...

I've laid out a set of controller stickers that I'd like your input on- what else needs a sticker? I thought about a LED chart to stick to the back, just haven't done that yet. The S1 sticker has an alternate, depending on what mode I choose (manual / return home).

Take a look at what I have so far - and make suggestions? The vinyl is vehicle grade 3M with thermal print spot color and abrasion coating, same that we use on fire trucks so I think it will be durable.

Thanks!

Nice Stickers, I would like some too

PAValentine said:
coloradosky said:
The custom Arm Colors are ready: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

SEND FEEDBACK! I am developing these things with your direction, your suggestions might show up on the next set if they're really good…

FWIW…just noticed you have royal purple in one of the pics, but it isn't in the color list.

Paul

And that was my first choice when you brought up the subject :( :( :(

I ordered Royal Blue, Blood Red and Gold, though... :p :) :D :lol: :

Thanks Paul- It's there now.

I'm adding in the checklist previously suggested to the basic identity set, that will go out with any orders made as of 10 pm Friday night- and will ship Monday morning.

I am getting some heat from Wife about 'working' on the weekend. Maybe if someone could call her? or write me a note?

:lol:

Dear Colorado's wife.

Please excuse Col for his inattention to his husbandly duties as he's been forced by the minions of Phantom Pilots to create custom stickers for our quads... He's getting you a nice diamond for Christmas, so... have some patience with the poor guy...

With fondest regards...
Phantom Pilots Inc.

gunslinger said:

I'm adding in the checklist previously suggested to the basic identity set, that will go out with any orders made as of 10 pm Friday night- and will ship Monday morning.

I am getting some heat from Wife about 'working' on the weekend. Maybe if someone could call her? or write me a note?

Dear Colorado's wife.

Please excuse Col for his inattention to his husbandly duties as he's been forced by the minions of Phantom Pilots to create custom stickers for our quads... He's getting you a nice diamond for Christmas, so... have some patience with the poor guy...

With fondest regards...
Phantom Pilots Inc.

Well, THAT made for a funny conversation once I finally sat down to catch up what's happening here... Thanks!

For fun, I set up an auction for 3 sets of colors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221337124969?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

As far as that diamond comment... :lol:

OI Photography said:
lol I don't follow the Vision section here, so I had no idea this thread was here...I was just following the (very short) one in the classifieds section. Was wondering why it didn't seem to generate more interest!

The suggestion I posted in that other thread:

How about a quick pre-flight checklist, to go on the front of the transmitter somewhere:

1. Power on Transmitter
2. Check Flight Mode/IOC switch position
3. Power on Phantom
4. Warm-up/GPS lock
5. Arm motors

OK, a couple of folks have asked for that checklist- so here's a sketch layout. Would you give feedback? I'll finish it up after hearing from you all and include it with any order now on hand to go out tomorrow, and any future order of the Identity Sticker Set ( http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php ). I have sized the checklist to fit nicely above the Phantom logo on the front of the controller- just an extra helper if you're new to flying- and oh, how checklists and routine are important!

Thanks for the input :) ... I've also added a few colors, designs and a bonus free color offer with the Arm Color stickers (those bonus details are at the bottom of our web page- link above).

Keep the ideas coming here or by email. Thanks!

Attachments

• checklist.jpg
    checklist.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 485
PAValentine said:
Pull_Up said:
Only thing I'd add, if you want to make it Vision specific, is "Wifi range extender on" as the second or third bullet point.
…And Camera on, just before 'Arm'

Changes incorporated, any other input before doing a late night printing job? It looks good to me, and there isn't much room for more. Keep in mind this is a reminder for things you already know, right? ;)

I leave my camera power switch in the WiFi position, and it powers up and down with the battery, so that's a step I would guess could be included at battery time?

Attachments

• checklist2.jpg
    checklist2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 591
Dear Mrs. Colo sky (hope that isn't offensive to you :roll: ) Please forgive your hubbies inattentiveness. He's doing some good work for his fellow PV fliers and we appreciate it. Maybe he'll have some extra profits this year as a result and he can take you out for a nice dinner... SOON!

Ok Mark, now it's up to you to make the time and take her out! Good Luck with that Bud!! ;)

gunslinger said:

Dear Colorado's wife.

With fondest regards...
Phantom Pilots Inc.

Khakis1999 said:
Great effort Colo! I would purchase but I need a "reward if found of $xxx"

Duly noted, and after several requests for the same, here's an option for a firm RETURN and REWARD sticker. Another personalized commercial grade sticker. Wonder what I do after dark when the family is asleep? (photo below) :shock:

They're here: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

Attachments

• web us warning.jpg
    web us warning.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 395
After seeing that threatening label, I am ready to turn myself in.......just to be on the safe side...!!

But...I like it....and the "You will be tracked by the U.S. Govt..." veiled threat is a nice touch...!!

Got my set of labels yesterday. Awesome. As a matter of fact I have ordered all that has been offered. Can't wait to get them all. Thank you for all your effort :D

coloradosky said:
Khakis1999 said:
Great effort Colo! I would purchase but I need a "reward if found of $xxx"

Duly noted, and after several requests for the same, here's an option for a firm RETURN and REWARD sticker. Another personalized commercial grade sticker. Wonder what I do after dark when the family is asleep? (photo below) :shock:

They're here: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

Just ordered these Mark. I think I've ordered everything you offer now. Thanks again for a well made and useful product. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20