Controller Beeping During Flight?

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this? Still had 60% battery life on the bird and 80% on the controller. Had full signal to the bird so it wasn't a RTH issue.
Can't think of what might make the transmitter beep like that.
Any ideas?

I know Controller beeps if signal is lost for "?" seconds. There may be more conditions under which it might beep.

Are you up to date on your firmware? I still have an old firmware and sometimes when I turn my controller on it beeps constantly. I figured out that I can turn it off by moving the joysticks around before I turn the on the bird the beeping will shut off. It never beeps during the flight though.

This is bull s. You do not need an update. Check for gov people around. They are bad. I have just hijacked. Writing to Wu (DJI rep)

Are you up to date on your firmware? I still have an old firmware and sometimes when I turn my controller on it beeps constantly. I figured out that I can turn it off by moving the joysticks around before I turn the on the bird the beeping will shut off. It never beeps during the flight though.
Beeping when turning on controller means there is obstructions on the sticks. The potentiometer reads from negative 1000 to positive 1000 for up/down and left and right. For the controller not to beep, it must precisely register 0,0 when the controller is turned on. Try holding a stick down and turning on the controller. Notice the beeps?

To rectify the beeping, try recalibrating the controller.

The only other reason for beeping is when you leave the controller untouched for a prolong period of time..

This is bull s. You do not need an update. Check for gov people around. They are bad. I have just hijacked. Writing to Wu (DJI rep)
I am not sure what you are trying to say but the way it sounds makes me think you are being very paranoid.

I am not sure what you are trying to say but the way it sounds makes me think you are being very paranoid.

Probably. I bet your are right. Where are from man? We have another things up here. Anyway, thanks.

Beeping when turning on controller means there is obstructions on the sticks. The potentiometer reads from negative 1000 to positive 1000 for up/down and left and right. For the controller not to beep, it must precisely register 0,0 when the controller is turned on. Try holding a stick down and turning on the controller. Notice the beeps?

To rectify the beeping, try recalibrating the controller.

The only other reason for beeping is when you leave the controller untouched for a prolong period of time..

I had been flying about 5 mins or so when the beeping started. However, I did do all the recent firmware updates and haven't calibrated the sticks since. Wonder if that could be playing a role. I should also mention I was using the FPV Camera app, not the Go app. Not sure that's relevant at this point but thought it was worth mentioning

Try to calibrate RC

I'll give that a shot. Especially since I didn't calibrate it after all the recent updates.

I brought it right home when the beeping started and it beeped all the way back home. Very strange

This might not be what OP experienced but recently a few times I had loud RC beeping when turning it on. I wondered what was going on but it stopped after a minute. But then one time I believe there was a prompt to calibrate the RC.

The manual is vague how to do that but a thread here helped me (I should move the sticks and ALSO the gimbal. I still wonder does it matter HOW I move the sticks). After that no beeping.

hmmm really? I read your P4 thread and you were advised NOT to fly by 'government officials'

However Its not nice losing a bird

I did try this but I'm having a hard time getting my Mac to recognize the bird after going into flight data mode. Still troubleshooting that
I did try this but I'm having a hard time getting my Mac to recognize the bird after going into flight data mode. Still troubleshooting that

While in Flight Data Mode with everything connected, open the Disk Utility application on the Mac.
There the internal Phantom SD card is displayed as an unmounted disk. If you can mount it, you can extract the .DAT files straight away.

If it's not possible to mount the disc(it often isn't) using Disk Utility, select the SD card and created a Disk Image of the entire Phantom SD card saving it to my computer hard drive. To do this, select the SD Card, then File>New Image>Blank Image and save the file to desktop.

After it has completed open the Disk Image as any other folder and save the enclosed .DAT files to a new folder for viewing.
However, depending on how many .DAT files (flights) there are, it can take a long time to create the rather sizable disk image of the entire SD card.
(The Phantom battery can often get run down in the process. Start with the battery at least 50% charged).

Reactions: Toph and matti
While in Flight Data Mode with everything connected, open the Disk Utility application on the Mac.
There the internal Phantom SD card is displayed as an unmounted disk. If you can mount it, you can extract the .DAT files straight away.

If it's not possible to mount the disc(it often isn't) using Disk Utility, select the SD card and created a Disk Image of the entire Phantom SD card saving it to my computer hard drive. To do this, select the SD Card, then File>New Image>Blank Image and save the file to desktop.

After it has completed open the Disk Image as any other folder and save the enclosed .DAT files to a new folder for viewing.
However, depending on how many .DAT files (flights) there are, it can take a long time to create the rather sizable disk image of the entire SD card.
(The Phantom battery can often get run down in the process. Start with the battery at least 50% charged).

So I tried this and I'm unable to mount, but I'm able to save the root disc file. But it's only 100mb and I don't find anything on it. Almost like it hasn't saved anything.

Any ideas?

So I tried this and I'm unable to mount, but I'm able to save the root disc file. But it's only 100mb and I don't find anything on it. Almost like it hasn't saved anything.

Any ideas?
Hmmm, what version OS are you on, El Capitain? Maybe try this.

Disc utility - select the SD card and File> New Image > Image from Folder and let that run through.

Let me know how you get on.

CBS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl