Control and Drone will not connect to Computer

Reaction score
I am having no luck connecting my controller or my drone up to my computer. I have done the following
- Installed driver
- Installed DJI RC
- Installed DJI Phantom 2 vision assistant
- unistalled and reinstalled previous 3 items
- Tried all of this on a different computer

My computer will not even recognize either one of them. I find it odd that neither both of them would be that way at the same time

I am having no luck connecting my controller or my drone up to my computer. I have done the following
- Installed driver
- Installed DJI RC

My computer will not even recognize either one of them. I find it odd that neither both of them would be that way at the same time

I assume you are using a PC and what OS are you running. Did install the driver into the P2 before trying to use the software for your P2? There is also a possibility that all the software is corrupt in which case the only other solution is to delete those software programs using the uninstallers for each one and download new copies. Don't forget those file are ZIP files and have to be unzipped before using.

I assume you are using a PC and what OS are you running. Did install the driver into the P2 before trying to use the software for your P2? There is also a possibility that all the software is corrupt in which case the only other solution is to delete those software programs using the uninstallers for each one and download new copies. Don't forget those file are ZIP files and have to be unzipped before using.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I first tried to hook P2 up to software before I knew that there was a driver. After finding out about the driver, I installed driver and nothing worked. After that I uninstalled everything and reinstalled starting with the driver first.
I contacted DJI customer support and all they would say is "Send it in" I am a little caughtious about sending something worth this much to them. I also need it to check my fields and I can't have it gone for very long. I was hoping that I could just find a solution on here.
Thanks in advance

I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I first tried to hook P2 up to software before I knew that there was a driver. After finding out about the driver, I installed driver and nothing worked. After that I uninstalled everything and reinstalled starting with the driver first.
I contacted DJI customer support and all they would say is "Send it in" I am a little caughtious about sending something worth this much to them. I also need it to check my fields and I can't have it gone for very long. I was hoping that I could just find a solution on here.
Thanks in advance

More then likely windows 10 is at fault and I would if you can find someone with either windows 7 or 8.1 OS to download the software to. Sending it in to DJI isn't going to help you if your computer OS is at fault as you will need the those programs working when needed..

More then likely windows 10 is at fault and I would if you can find someone with either windows 7 or 8.1 OS to download the software to. Sending it in to DJI isn't going to help you if your computer OS is at fault as you will need the those programs working when needed..

Thank you Jason that is exactly what it was. It worked fine on my windows 7 laptop

I also have a tablet with windows OS 8.1 which I use in the field and all the firmware works fine on it as well.

- Installed driver
- Installed DJI RC

I had the same trouble but only after i had used the cable several times, tried another usb cable and bingo cured. I've seen several reports about duff usb cables, i think the supplied DJI usb cable must be of low quality.

- Installed driver
- Installed DJI RC

I see that your post is a little old. Did you get it fixed yet?
I had that exact same problem with W10 when I first started about 6 months ago. Do try changing the cable first. Do what Jason says also, he has helped me countless times. If all that fails, here's what worked for me. Out of desperation I shut my computer down completely and turned it back on while leaving the quad plugged in and turned on. It worked. If yours doesn't work on the first time maybe reboot once instead of shutting down completely. No guarantees here but good luck...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl